Health Certificate to get out of Cambodia (via Bangkok)

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

Re: Health Certificate to get out of Cambodia (via Bangkok)

Post by chinesetakeaway »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:06 am BUT:

Insurance hereunder is effective on the later of:
a. The moment we receive an application and correct premium if the application and payment is
made online
or by fax;

if u have been overseas,1,4, 60 months it would be effective on the date u apply,as thats the later
if i read it right

If ur interested in the policy, best to ask them...
Good point. Yet, I know some travel insurance policies I've had (bought in Thailand), you have to depart from the country you bought the policy in order to validate it. But yeah, I hope I don't need to buy this type of thing just to get back into Thailand. By the time I move out of TH, come late summer, I hope either restrictions are loosened or it's for the last time.
I’ve used it for years and recommended to many. I also started when I was in PP. 2 weeks ago the offered me an evacuation home. The underwriter is tokyomarine and emergency handler is OnCall which is very good.
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

To further add, if a CDC 3 for your area is issued you have 10 days to evacuate and you will still be covered for Corona during that period. If you choose to stay afterwards you are still covered just not for corona. An interesting question arises what if there are no flights and you can’t evacuate?
chinesetakeaway
Expatriate
Niue

chinesetakeaway wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:40 am To further add, if a CDC 3 for your area is issued you have 10 days to evacuate and you will still be covered for Corona during that period. If you choose to stay afterwards you are still covered just not for corona. An interesting question arises what if there are no flights and you can’t evacuate?
I just confirmed coverage will end flight or no flight...
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 am , I hope I don't need to buy this type of thing just to get back into Thailand. By the time I move out of TH, come late summer, I hope either restrictions are loosened or it's for the last time.
How many times have you posted you're sick of Thailand, you hate the country, you're leaving, you've had enough? And now you're worried about getting back in!!!!

It's been the last time every year since this forum was set up.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Somebody sent me this insurance link. Not yet checked all perameters re travel to Thailand
https://www.globelink.co.uk
greenstripe99
Tourist
Australia

Post by greenstripe99 »

Another thread on CEO confirms that the Health Certificates offered by Procare and others are not accepted because they do not involve actual virus testing.
thailand-news-and-discussion/thailand-t ... 6-120.html

This is the full statement on the Thai Embassy website (note date of this was 19 March)

http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/en ... Autho.html

Unless something changes either in terms of access to testing here or at the Thai Border, there seesm to be no way for expats to fly to Thailand at present. If this is an alternative, I'd be happy to hear.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

All flights to Bangkok from Phnom Penh have been cancelled today, except for the 7.30 PM Thai flight. I wouldn't set my hopes too high on moving to Thailand anytime soon.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 pm All flights to Bangkok from Phnom Penh have been cancelled today, except for the 7.30 PM Thai flight. I wouldn't set my hopes too high on moving to Thailand anytime soon.
source please?
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:42 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:00 pm All flights to Bangkok from Phnom Penh have been cancelled today, except for the 7.30 PM Thai flight. I wouldn't set my hopes too high on moving to Thailand anytime soon.
source please?
Just check the PP Airport website: https://pnh.cambodia-airports.aero/en/f ... departures
Only 1 flight to Bangkok left.

The website doesn't mention cancellations, but you can find them here: https://www.airportia.com/cambodia/phno ... epartures/
or here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airp ... departures
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:42 pm
source please?
Website PP airport....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic