A Cambodian Man Arrested After Stealing $4000 from Foreigner

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Cambodian Man Arrested After Stealing $4000 from Foreigner

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A group of Cambodian men managed to cut the pocket of a foreigner by using razor blade and took $4000 from his pocket, but didn’t manage to flee

Phnom Penh: According Kampuchea Thmey News, one among of a group of two thieves who are infamous in cutting people pocket and stealing people money was arrested by Chey Chum Nas police while they were cutting a foreigner (Lithuanian) pocket and managed to steal $4000 and a phone from him. They tried to flee the scene, but didn’t manage to do so. It happened around 12:10 pm on 4, September, 2015 along the riverside, Sisowat Quay, village 1, Chey Chum Nas commune, Daun Penh district, Phnom Penh.

Police said, “The suspect name Pich Any, male, 35 years old (arrested) and another one name Teur , male, 30 years old (escaped). The victim name Andrius Siruattis, male, 40 years old, Lithuanian, staying in Capital guest house located in Beoung Prolit commune, 7 makara district”.

Police added, “ before it happened, the victim was walking from his guest house to riverside, then when he reached riverside, there were two Cambodian men followed him closely. Then, they started cutting his pocket and managed to steal $4000 and a phone from him, but he noticed it. So he screamed out loud which heard by the patrolling police out there, fortunately police managed to arrest one of them and retrieved all his properties.

Presently the suspect is being detained at Daun Penh police station and police is preparing the document to send him to the court.

Engrish:
Spoiler:
BALAAM SURGERY FOREIGNERS STRETCHED PANTS POCKET MONEY, MORE THAN $ 4 BILLION AND COULD NOT ESCAPE
Radiant5/9/2015 1:53 PmInformation , And Social Security0LIKE
Auto 81 Garage
Phnom Penh: nepotism surgery expert thief stole pants pocket foreigner police forces arrested one of his accomplices 2 victory as they act using razor surgery NATO Armenia pants pocket money, more than $ 4 billion, and phone and tried to escape running and at about 12 noon and 10 minutes 4 September 2015 at the Riverside Quay Street Village 1 victory Daun neighborhood.

According to local police officials said the suspects named Diamond Annie 35-year-old male (arrested), while another who fled the 30-year-old dwarf about 2 accommodations not real. The victims andrius siruattis 40-year-old male Toronto accommodation Virginia Capitol Guest brands Street 182 Boeung Prolit, Khan 7 Makara.

According to local police officials said that before the accident victims from the accommodation, travel by foot when they came to the scene on the river , the 02 suspects were followed from behind while Abby and act using razor surgery pockets NATO Virginia $ 4 billion and the decision and tried to escape, but was a victim and cried out loudly to surprise the local police force patrolling intervention One suspects and captured as well as empirical evidence.

The suspects are temporarily detained at the Police Inspectorate Daun to build a case to Phnom Penh Municipal Court legal action.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: A Cambodian Man Arrested After Stealing $4000 from Forei

Post by hanno »

You'd think that someone with 4K in his pocket could afford shoes and a decent shirt....
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

What fucking moron walks down the road in that area with 4K in his pocket.? I'm just sorry the jao got caught.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

"A Cambodian man" in the topic, a "group of Cambodian men" and then later "one among of a group of two thieves" and I haven't even gotten halfway through the article.

CEOCambodiaNews makes less sense than Google translate.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

BOFH wrote:"A Cambodian man" in the topic, a "group of Cambodian men" and then later "one among of a group of two thieves" and I haven't even gotten halfway through the article.

CEOCambodiaNews makes less sense than Google translate.
Careful, bOFH, you might cause a surprise, you black man, you.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

hanno wrote:You'd think that someone with 4K in his pocket could afford shoes and a decent shirt....
Well he'll be upgrading to new shorts anyway.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

vladimir wrote:What fucking moron walks down the road in that area with 4K in his pocket.? I'm just sorry the jao got caught.
Probably one who thinks it's safer than leaving it in the Guesthouse for the staff to take!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

who lets someone walk so close behind them that theyre able to reach and grab their ass, and long enough to cut through his shorts and steal his belongings, i didnt even bother reading the article tbh, btu i know if i had 4k in my pocket id be extra cautious of my surroundings
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Is that 12 at night or 12 lunchtime? I hope it's lunchtime... I bet those thieves were so surprised at the 4 grand they were too easy to catch. He must have been planning some sex session!!! Or maybe he was about to invest in an environmental company's project.(or suchlike - after all most of the K440ers are GMB's - that's what makes that thread as funny as f ) :bad:
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I think he was on his way to meet raz for a 10-minute consultation for a 3-day tourist visa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic