Is Cambodia Getting Better or Worse?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Is Cambodia Getting Better or Worse?

Post by juansweetpotato »

I was thinking tonight that I'm still not really sure whether Cambodia is getting better. Certain things did lead me to believe it for a while, but lately the bad things seem to have taken more of a precedent to my mind.I wonder if anybody else feels the same?
We have a bus service . That's surely a good thing? Also new power stations. Fuel prices have dropped, BUT not much else has dropped in price. Seeing as a modern economy is an oil economy, it effects nearly every aspect. If fuel were to go up 300% you can be sure that prices will shoot up. Why not the other way round? Also the Montenards, That's bad shit right there. Land grabs, Increased rape of the forests, more street kids and land evictions.More racism against the Viet scapegoats. Increased 'tea' money. A lot of the time everyone seems at everyone's throats, not just the xpats lol What's the plan? What's going on? Better or worse than 6 or so years ago overall?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: Is Cambodia Getting Better or Worse?

It's not. I did slip away a bit there though. Prices are one of the most important things to people. It's about everything that anyone wants it to be about. Hopefully a lot of positives will come out of it as we pretty much know a lot of the negatives.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

It is becoming worse i guess. Everything is very expensive. Gasoline is way more too expensive comparing to other countries in the regime. Don't get me wrong. We pay more than American for gas.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Playboy wrote:How much is a pineapple ?
50 cent. :lol:

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

More hospitals
more schools, more kids in school
higher wages for most
better roads
Better irrigation in villages
and lets not forget Aeon Mall :-)

Things cost
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Cam Nivag wrote:How did I know when I saw the title that the post would be about prices?
Maybe you two wankers can stop your baiting, or just fkoff back to where you belong.

If you want to contribute, then kindly do so. Otherwise, well, you know how to log out of CEO.

Cheers :beer3:
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

phuketrichard wrote:More hospitals
more schools, more kids in school
higher wages for most
better roads
Better irrigation in villages
and lets not forget Aeon Mall :-)

Things cost
and all the forests were cut down

Chinese companies are talking all our mines

The price of issuing passport is still almost the same. Fucking country i would say.

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Samouth wrote:
I wonder where PB puts them all. He's rich you know.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

juansweetpotato wrote:
Samouth wrote:
I wonder where PB puts them all. He's rich you know.
Do you think that he is going to spend all his money for pineapple ? :)

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Good question. Maybe he's got a pineapple syrup moat protecting his elephant and castle (from the oiks). Although I've heard he likes a bit of rough now and again.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic