Phnom Penh: Mobile App for Fully Digital Hotel Stay

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Phnom Penh: Mobile App for Fully Digital Hotel Stay

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

SUN & MOON Riverside Hotel Selects INTELITY to Integrate Tech in Supporting Guests
The new Phnom Penh, Cambodia property will implement the INTELITY platform with mobile check-in and mobile key to complete a modern guest experience
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) August 13, 2022

INTELITY®, provider of hospitality’s leading guest experience and staff management platform, announced today a deal with SUN & MOON Riverside Hotel to implement the INTELITY platform and mobile app with mobile check-in and mobile key for a fully digital guest experience.

“We are fortunate that SUN & MOON Group’s founder and owner, Okhna Dr. Chear Ratana, truly understands the importance of supporting technology in the hospitality industry and desires to build hotels integrated with technology during their foundational stages,” said Noel Furrer, SUN & MOON Hotel Group’s General Manager. “The travel market is changing, and we must also change the way we think about technology. We have so many more ways to service our guests and we plan to follow the future by investing in technology leaders, like INTELITY. Here at SUN & MOON Riverside Hotel, our mission is to pioneer the hospitality industry here in Cambodia as a national brand, and we want our uniqueness to be enhanced with advancements in technology, specifically mobile check-in and mobile key.”

Using the INTELITY mobile app, guests will be able to check-in to their reservation and access their rooms with a mobile key, all on their personal mobile device. Throughout their stay, guests can order in-room dining, request services, view hotel amenities, and even connect with hotel staff with guest messaging all via the mobile app. The seamless INTELITY platform will allow staff to track and fulfill guest requests easily and efficiently via INTELITY’s GEMS interface. From the business aspect, the INTELITY mobile app will help the hotel to save printing costs, to push promotions to guests at the right time, and to get instant guest feedback with a click. “We wish to give our guests the experience of using technology and their own devices, which supports natural human behavior. Guests will be able to download and interact with the app, or still choose the conventional approach; the choice is theirs,” continued Furrer.

SUN & MOON Riverside Hotel also selected the INTELITY platform for its robust suite of mobile capabilities and integrations with the hotel’s existing PMS, POS, and Spa systems. The 200-room hotel will include a gourmet restaurant with private dining rooms, a pool club, fitness center, spa, lounge bar cafe, VIP executive lounge, cinema and KTV, terrace and cabanas, five meeting rooms, and a large ballroom.

“We are proud to work with such a unique property,” said Robert Stevenson, INTELITY CEO. “The INTELITY platform will empower SUN & MOON Riverside Hotel guests to manage check-in and mobile key on their personal device, providing an advanced, unique, and personalized experience along with exceptional guest service.”
https://www.prweb.com/releases/sun_moon ... 840356.htm
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ByeDubai
Tourist

Re: Phnom Penh: Mobile App for Fully Digital Hotel Stay

Post by ByeDubai »

If guests can check in and access their rooms with the mobile key how does the hotel shake them down for a joiner fee if they bring back a hooker?
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Don't like this kind of technological modernisation. Don't want to have to download any apps, to me that's more hassle than going to a check in desk and what data will this app be collecting? Also, a credit card size key is better as I don't always want to take my phone out with me.

I assume it will be optional and the normal methods will still be available or am I wrong?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

In the good ol' days service with a smile. Replaced by some QR code in another app on ur phone.

Can't see this really taking off. Seems more hassle than a digital key card.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hburns wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:07 am Don't like this kind of technological modernisation. Don't want to have to download any apps, to me that's more hassle than going to a check in desk and what data will this app be collecting? Also, a credit card size key is better as I don't always want to take my phone out with me.

I assume it will be optional and the normal methods will still be available or am I wrong?
Guests will be able to download and interact with the app, or still choose the conventional approach; the choice is theirs,” continued Furrer.

Do these marketing people win awards for the best bullshit of the year? This must be a finalist if so. (see below)

This just gives them access to your phone so they can pester the hell out of you and watch where you go. Part of the pleasure of a nice hotel is getting the pleasant interaction at check-in and the yes sir no sir stuff. They will still need your passport to check in or are you supposed to upload that in the app too?

About SUN & MOON Hotel Group
Welcome to SUN & MOON GROUP. By our vision and mission, we actively consider the sustainability of our businesses and the benefits for all our stakeholders. Within our company’s philosophy, we believe that everyone can contribute and ultimately benefit from what we do, and we are committed to achieving some very important goals together. Our prime objective is to serve our clients, and in return, our wish is to see the same people reciprocate by accepting and recognizing what we do - to go beyond the expectations. In this complicated global environment, we believe that various forms of collaboration will both help us to grow and to overcome the obstacles that may often be presented before us. With two hotel properties in the heart of Phnom Penh, Cambodia, wellness, sustainability, and community stewardship are core to the SUN & MOON hospitality philosophy. For more information on SUN & MOON, visit https://www.sunandmoonhotelgroup.com/. Follow us: Instagram Telegram Facebook
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

If it's done correctly it's much less hassle than a key card. You don't need to take phone out of your pocket even, because the lock will sense that you are near the door and unlock it for you. I'm just happy to have less stuff to forget and to have in my pockets.

That's how it works with my Airbnb apartment's smart lock too. If guest wants to download the app, they don't need a traditional key or even touch the phone to get in.

In Cambodia I think the mobile check-in will not work as you need to go and let the reception to copy your passport. Other markets where this is not needed you just walk in your room straight.

Though I think this works only if the same app works in other hotels too. That why I think these will more popular in big chains like Marriott. Hilton, etc.. People don't want to download app just for one night hotel stay.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:50 pm If it's done correctly it's much less hassle than a key card. You don't need to take phone out of your pocket even, because the lock will sense that you are near the door and unlock it for you. I'm just happy to have less stuff to forget and to have in my pockets.

That's how it works on my Airbnb apartment smart lock too. If guest wants to download the app, they don't need a traditional key or even touch the phone to get in.

In Cambodia I think the mobile check-in will not work as you need to go and let the reception to copy your passport. Other markets where this is not needed you just walk in your room straight.

Though I think this works only if the same app works in other hotels too. That why I think these will more popular in big chains like Marriott. Hilton, etc.. People don't want to download app just for one night hotel stay.
What's wrong with a key?
Boredom is like a shroud
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

cabron wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:55 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:50 pm If it's done correctly it's much less hassle than a key card. You don't need to take phone out of your pocket even, because the lock will sense that you are near the door and unlock it for you. I'm just happy to have less stuff to forget and to have in my pockets.

That's how it works on my Airbnb apartment smart lock too. If guest wants to download the app, they don't need a traditional key or even touch the phone to get in.

What's wrong with a key?
You mean traditional key? Like I said, I don't like to carry stuff and it's easier if I just approach the door and open it. No need to unlock it or anything.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Decent idea; have used similar systems as airbub customer in different countries. Not sure that it warranted a press release but these oknya types do like to wank in mirrors

Saves fucking around talking to spastic receptionists for the guest; saves paying a salary to a minion for the owners
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Not so good if your phone is lost or the battery dies while you are out.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic