Transit Passengers what do they need

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Transit Passengers what do they need

Post by one_dolla »

I have two friends both soon to fly from PP via Bangkok and on to Europe I have been searching the web for them, not computer users, trying to find out what they need to simply transit the airport both are there for around two hours fully vaccinated and with certificates.
Any ideas what if anything they actually need? (other than passports of course)
cheers
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Transit Passengers what do they need

Post by phuketrichard »

Thailand is open for international transit or transfer travellers at Suvarnabhumi International Airports and Don Mueang International Airport with lay-over time not exceeding 24 hours, check-through luggage only (travellers cannot pass the immigration).

Transit/transfer travellers are not required to apply for Thailand Pass QR code but are required to have the following documents:

Passport
Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected, using RT-PCR test, issued no more than 72 hours before departure OR Certificate of Vaccination certifying that the holder received manufacturer’s recommended dose(s) of vaccine approved by World Health Organization (WHO) or the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand, no less than 14 days before departure.
(For non-Thai travellers only) Travel health insurance covering health care and treatment expenses for COVID-19 disease, or any other guarantee throughout their stay in the Kingdom, with a coverage of no less than 10,000 USD
https://maputo.thaiembassy.org/en/conte ... 0b30003ebc

for insurance:. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

No need to buy insurance when the travellers already have a valid medical insurance.
I transited at Bangkok twice over the last four weeks and at Bangkok airport there are no checks other than a boarding pass check. All checks are done at check in so I would contact the airline to make sure what they consider enough proof for vaccination and insurance.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Kammekor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:04 am No need to buy insurance when the travellers already have a valid medical insurance.
I transited at Bangkok twice over the last four weeks and at Bangkok airport there are no checks other than a boarding pass check. All checks are done at check in so I would contact the airline to make sure what they consider enough proof for vaccination and insurance.
neither have any health insruance....I sm trying to contact the airlines...
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Thai airlines got back via a facebook robot on messenger they do still need insurance if just transiting in case anyone else reads this

thanks
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Current transit requirements, no insurance and you'll be denied check-in, witnessed dozens of people being denied check-in for this reason the last 3 times whilst checking in at Phnom Penh.

Also, pay close attention to point no.10

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:19 pm Current transit requirements, no insurance and you'll be denied check-in, witnessed dozens of people being denied check-in for this reason the last 3 times whilst checking in at Phnom Penh.

Also, pay close attention to point no.10

You'd think that a country that has been welcoming international visitors for decades could manage to publish this in passable English.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

one_dolla wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:13 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:04 am No need to buy insurance when the travellers already have a valid medical insurance.
Then they can buy a useless Thai COVID insurance for the hours they spend @ Bangkok airport.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:12 pm
Then they can buy a useless Thai COVID insurance for the hours they spend @ Bangkok airport.
its only 650 baht, (less than $20)
buit agree, what a waste of $20
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:54 pm
Kammekor wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:12 pm
its only 650 baht, (less than $20)
buit agree, what a waste of $20
1300 baht return.

The word 'only' seems a contradiction from a self insured person.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic