Trumps Legacy

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Trumps Legacy

Post by phuketrichard »

carry on

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Trumps Legacy

Post by samrong01 »

I was hoping never to see a post anywhere mentioning the T**** word again. Best thing is to make him an "unperson" as was common practise in the Soviet Union and still is in China.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Nah, Trump will be remembered for awhile. He has become a Satan for some. Crazy thing is he didn't accomplish that much in four years.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:27 am Nah, Trump will be remembered for awhile. He has become a Satan for some. Crazy thing is he didn't accomplish that much in four years.
I disagree. He did more damage and brought out some of the worst in the US than I think many thought was even possible.
I really did hope for the best when he started.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

The economic refugees are amassing again, caravans that will pass thru Mexico and then become parasites upon the US economy. They didn't dare do that under Trump.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Apollo91881 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:34 am
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:27 am Nah, Trump will be remembered for awhile. He has become a Satan for some. Crazy thing is he didn't accomplish that much in four years.
I disagree. He did more damage and brought out some of the worst in the US than I think many thought was even possible.
I really did hope for the best when he started.
Ok, I think the Trump Effect is actually greater than Trump himself. The US is a very divided and increasingly dysfunctional nation. Many people don't trust the media and feel powerless. It took a billionaire asshole to reveal this to people.

(I left the US for purely personal, apolitical reasons. Glad I did.)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

recall the bumper stickers

"If you dont like the usa... leave"

>I had one made and had it on my thai car

you dont like the usa... leave
I LEFT

It ran alongside my
FREE TIBET Sticker
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
emm
Expatriate
Austria

Post by emm »

Trump will be remembered for humping the american flag.

But that would be too simple. Here is what 79 % of Americans actually think:
79% of Americans think the US is falling apart. That’s no surprise when one half of the country wants to crush the other
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/512667-us-demo ... ans-trump/
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Soon bankrupt, probably convicted of felonies- so no legacy.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

That’s what really perplexes me about the fanaticism of his supporters - he hasn’t even been successful on his own terms. If your definition of a successful President is one that abolished Obamacare, built a wall across the whole Mexican border, brought back a flourishing coal industry, deported all illegal immigrants, and ended birthright citizenship, he’s still a total failure - and that’s with the benefit of two years of a Republican majority in both houses.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic