Wild Baby Boars on a Spit Now Available on Kulen Mountain

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Wild Baby Boars on a Spit Now Available on Kulen Mountain

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

[Warning: Cute baby photos below.]
Cambodia News (Siem Reap Province): According to the Ministry of Environment,wild boars being raised and farmed on Kulen mountain have become a new delicacy, increasingly demanded by local tourists. This new culinary experience is raising the standards of living for the farmers on the mountain in Khnorng Phnom commune, Svay Leu district, Siem Reap province.

These boars are especially delicious because they are locally raised on cashew nuts farms, and naturally fed with the food found in the forest. As such, they have less fat and the meat is uniquely tender. These animals are produced mainly for barbeque roasts and they weigh around 8 to 10 kilograms and cost about 450,000 Riels per boar.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Wild Baby Boars on a Spit Now Available on Kulen Mountain

Post by Doc67 »

These boars are especially delicious because they are locally raised on cashew nuts farms, and naturally fed with the food found in the forest. As such, they have less fat and the meat is uniquely tender.

Very similar to the Spanish Iberico breed who run wild in oak tree filled forest and eat the acorns (Bellota). This is some of the finest pork you can buy.

I wouldn't mine trying out one of those little porkers...
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Pig on spit is one of my fav foods all my islander mates in Australia do them on special occasions.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:28 am Pig on spit is one of my fav foods all my islander mates in Australia do them on special occasions.
What’s an islander Australian? I’ve heard the term for Kiwis but not Australians.
People of the world, spice up your life.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

mannanman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:59 am
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:28 am Pig on spit is one of my fav foods all my islander mates in Australia do them on special occasions.
What’s an islander Australian? I’ve heard the term for Kiwis but not Australians.
Maori, Tongan & Samoan (my mates are Samoans)
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:09 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:59 am
Maori, Tongan & Samoan (my mates are Samoans)
Oh so it’s the same thing then. Assuming they have Kiwi nationality (Maoris yes!) but they live and work in Oz.

I’ve only ever heard Australians say “Islander”, which encompasses those places you listed, and a Kiwi would call them Kiwis, not “He’s a Maori/Tongan” etc.

Whatever.
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Wild pork is one of the tastiest meats around, used to hunt pigs in NZ, so always had a chest freezer full of wild pork, and venison.

Would love to give these wild Cambodian porkers a try...although I think calling them "wild" is misleading as they are actually being farmed.

Didn't notorious scammer George Blake claim to be raising "wild" Cambodian boars on a farm up North?
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:45 pm Wild pork is one of the tastiest meats around, used to hunt pigs in NZ, so always had a chest freezer full of wild pork, and venison.

Would love to give these wild Cambodian porkers a try...although I think calling them "wild" is misleading as they are actually being farmed.

Didn't notorious scammer George Blake claim to be raising "wild" Cambodian boars on a farm up North?
you ever gone pig hunting mate?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:02 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:45 pm Wild pork is one of the tastiest meats around, used to hunt pigs in NZ, so always had a chest freezer full of wild pork, and venison.

Yea mate, as I mentioned, used to go pigging in NZ, nasty little (big) buggers! Been a long time since I've lived in NZ though.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:03 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:02 pm

Yea mate, as I mentioned, used to go pigging in NZ, nasty little (big) buggers! Been a long time since I've lived in NZ though.
I used to do in QLD with my cousins they used to tell me NZ is the best place in the world to do it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic