Ambassador to South Korea, Long Dimanche, Appointed Deputy Governor to Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Ambassador to South Korea, Long Dimanche, Appointed Deputy Governor to Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

New Deputy Governor Pledges to Raise Sihanouk Province Prestige
Long Dimanche, who finished his term as Ambassador to South Korea in early September, was appointed to the post on October 4.
BY: Khorn Champa and Teng Yalirozy October 7, 2021 12:58 AM
PHNOM PENH--The newly appointed Deputy Governor of Preah Sihanouk province says he will redouble his efforts to contribute to the province’s achievements as well as boosting its image and prestige.

Long Dimanche, who finished his term as Ambassador to South Korea in early September, was appointed to the post on October 4.

During his five-year diplomatic mission in Seoul, Dimanche achieved many things for Cambodia, particularly enhancing relations in all fields with South Korea, as well as promoting the signing of free trade agreements. He also contributed to the reform and upgrading of the embassy.

He said he is honored to gain the trust of the government to fulfill his new role in Sihanoukville, which is one of Cambodia's major economic centers.

“I will carry out my work tirelessly in this new role to create more new achievements for Sihanoukville as well to raise the image and prestige of this coastal province to become a desirable province to live in,” he said.

Through his experience in diplomacy, economics and international relations, Dimanche also hopes to be able to contribute to attracting more foreign investors to Sihanoukville.

Dimanche said he will also return to work as a spokesman for the province, of which he already has experienced working as a spokesman for Phnom Penh City Hall for many years.

During his mission in South Korea, he received the Outstanding Ambassador Award 2021 from the Korean Cultural Friendship Diplomatic Association.
He replaced Suth Dina, who was involved in a corruption scandal there.
https://cambodianess.com/article/new-de ... e-prestige
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Ambassador to South Korea, Long Dimanche, Appointed Deputy Governor to Sihanoukville

Post by Anchor Moy »

Interesting. He may be the govt broom sent in to clean up Sihanoukville a little. :popcorn:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Ambassador to South Korea, Long Dimanche, Appointed Deputy Governor to Sihanoukville

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ok, I remembered the name Long Dimanche because it stands apart. He was sent to South Korea to clean up after a big corruption scandal, where the previous Cambodian ambassador had been filling his pockets with massive bribes (embarrassing to say the least.)
newsworthy/cambodian-ambassador-south-k ... t8366.html

I don't know much about interior politics in the CCP, but Long Dimanche was spokesman for Phnom Penh City Hall before he was promoted to being Ambassador to S. Korea and was sent to clean up the corruption that was going on there. So there is a precedent. That's why I thought that it's possible that he is being sent to Sihanoukville by the big guys to clean up some of the overt corruption there.
This is all speculation on my part of course. :dm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic