ABA ATM's down

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

ABA ATM's down

Post by hanno »

I went to pull cash this morning. Transaction done, money debited, no cash.

I asked someone else to pull cash as I really needed money, same result.

Went to ABA Bank where I was told that they are having problems with their ATM's (no shit). They could not tell me when ATM's would be working again. They also told me that the money would be credited to my account after the 24th of August because: procedures.

Getting seriously pissed off with them. I have been with ABA since ANZ became JTrust, but they seem to have more and more issues.

Rant over.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: ABA ATM's down

Post by Alex »

I had some problems with my ABA app a couple of days ago already. A Khmer friend told me that many people posted about it, so it wasn't just me. Looks like a bigger problem with their system.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

I had to have a new card issued because there was "some problem" with it, they called me to say they had blocked my card, but this was 2.30pm on an afternoon before I was going abroad at 7am the following morning. Had to get the deputy BM at the local branch involved, once that was done things went a bit better. The ABA Pay, their app etc are fine, but maybe they are getting a bit complacent at the basics.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

The ABA ATM absolutely worked for me today . and the debit card in the supermarket also …
But wait , there’s more ! ,…. good news is MILK IS BACK .

My supermarket was overfilled with whatever they call the “ containers “ of milk .

Yay !

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:10 pm The ABA ATM absolutely worked for me today . and the debit card in the supermarket also …
But wait , there’s more ! ,…. good news is MILK IS BACK .

My supermarket was overfilled with whatever they call the “ containers “ of milk .

Yay !

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
where is your super market?
Boredom is like a shroud
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Alex wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:17 am I had some problems with my ABA app a couple of days ago already. A Khmer friend told me that many people posted about it, so it wasn't just me. Looks like a bigger problem with their system.
Me too, as well as almost everyone else I know that uses the ABA app. Considering how many people use it to pay for pretty much everything these days, it would be a pretty major news story in my country if the entire system went down and no-one could process payments. It's not the first time it's happened either. Thankfully I also have an Aceleda account which I keep some cash in that I can use in these circumstances, but I can't imagine the frustration of, say, spending an hour or so in Makro, filling up your trolley, only to go and pay and and only then finding that ABA isn't working and you have no other method of payment.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Didn't ABA just announce being awarded some banking security accreditation?

Maybe someone decided to 'test' their systems properly....
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:10 pm But wait , there’s more ! ,…. good news is MILK IS BACK .

Yay !

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Moo Moo Farms has milk again, too.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

hanno wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:56 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:10 pm But wait , there’s more ! ,…. good news is MILK IS BACK .

Yay !

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
Moo Moo Farms has milk again, too.
Never heard of it ..
Ours is named after the place with windmills and wooden shoes ..
the supermarket is the biggest one in siem reap ,
and I used to love the price ( 4.20 ) but now it’s a dime cheaper
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bluenose wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:57 am I had to have a new card issued because there was "some problem" with it, they called me to say they had blocked my card, but this was 2.30pm on an afternoon before I was going abroad at 7am the following morning. Had to get the deputy BM at the local branch involved, once that was done things went a bit better. The ABA Pay, their app etc are fine, but maybe they are getting a bit complacent at the basics.
You could have gone to one of the ABA Card Issuing machines, gets printed and issued to you on the spot, just takes a few minutes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic