Riot In Brixton England - Police run for their life

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Riot In Brixton England - Police run for their life

Post by Brody »

"Ya Ollll Dikhed"

Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Riot In Brixton England - Police run for their life

Post by Yobbo »

Time to reinstate the home guard!
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

The problem in the UK is that even if the police do catch criminals, they will spend very little time, if any, in prison, before being released again.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Multiculturalism at it's best
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Did you notice that the "tough guy" at the beginning made sure he never did get too close to the cops? they'd run and he would chase but when they stopped he gave them a wide birth! xD that freaking wordsmith.
Still here, in country...
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Just remember, there is only white police officer on innocent black person violence and that only BLM! Sad truth is that in the UK just 14% of young people are BAME, whilst they make up 40% of the youth custody estate. It's not a systemic racism problem, it's a community problem whereby gang culture, knife crime, lack of father figures at home and pro-criminal attitudes prevail in these communities.
antonio66
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by antonio66 »

There just isn't any form of discipline in the uk, my old teachers would be turning in their graves if they saw how schools are now.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I'm not saying there isn't racism in the UK, of course there's racism everywhere, but it seems like a very convenient fall-back to blame all of your life failures on the fact that you're a black person living in a racist society.

I lived in the UK almost all of my life and have lost count of the number of companies and organisations I've worked for. Each and every one had black employees who were treated no different whatsoever to anyone else. I made some very good friends of ethnic origins through these companies and not once did any of them ever say to me that they felt they were being held back because of the colour of their skin. I'm sure the BLM movement would counteract that with "Well they wouldn't would they? You're a white privileged male. Why would they speak to you about race issues?" but believe me, they would have. The fact that many of these companies had black or ethnic people in some very senior positions should tell you that people aren't held back in the UK because of the colour of their skin.

They're held back because they don't have the ability to do the job. Simple as that. And that is as true for white people as it is black people as it is for everyone.

As I said, of course racism exists, but, in the UK at least, it just isn't anywhere near the problem it is in the US, and it seems to me that people are simply jumping on the George Floyd bandwagon and blaming every single one of their life's failures on the fact that they're black, rather than the fact that they lack ambition and drive - a character trait that exists in many people, regardless of the colour of their skin.

But then, I'm a white privileged male so what do I know eh?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

You won't find that video on the BBC.

I can see running battles coming up soon; the media have kissed too many asses with this BLM shit, they are on a march. The Notting Hill Carnival is due at the end of August, always a potential flashpoint, and just in time for a second spike of Covid-19. Let's see if Mayor Khan has got the balls to cancel it.
Spoiler:
Not a chance in hell
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

The UK increasingly makes China look like a civilized country. Whatever I've seen from the UK lately has been absolutely appalling. Riots, the NHS-perpetrated mass euthanasia of care home residents, the inept Brexit flip-flops... Is there no end in sight?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic