Cat Carriers Available In Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Cat Carriers Available In Cambodia?

Post by Electric Earth »

I'm really struggling to find any sort of suitable cat carrier in SR. I found one at Angkor Market on Hwy 6, but it's large, and this has to be smaller in order to take it on a plane. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one? I've tried the pet shops that come up on google maps and they have nothing.

Even if there's a good pet shop in Phnom Penh that would work. I'm sure I'll have to make my way there to catch a flight anyway.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Cat Carriers Available In Cambodia?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I can sell you one with an otter inside.
not cheap tho' :mrgreen:
You are in Siem Reap, maybe try asking Angkor Centre for Conservation of Biodiversity for info about where they get theirs - in the online phone book.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Either contact Josette of Pagoda cats or try the Angkor Vet Clinic.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 am I can sell you one with an otter inside.
You are in Siem Reap, maybe try asking Angkor Centre for Conservation of Biodiversity for info about where they get theirs - in the online phone book.
I have seen some others for sale on Khmer 24. I am assuming these are captured from the wild?

for the cat cage try Navetco in Phnom Penh. I think that is where I got my airline spec plastic one from
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Element6 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:48 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 am I can sell you one with an otter inside.
I have seen some others for sale on Khmer 24. I am assuming these are captured from the wild?
Yeah, i think the pet otter trading is taking off. Bad news, just when they seem to be coming back in some places.
The one in this cage is a Hairy-nosed, the rarest otter species on the planet.
Very secretive, a bit ferret/mink like. Tonle Sap and Koh Kong.
Was thought to be extinct, now popping up on camera trap photos in a number of SEA locations.
This one could not be re-released, and for a number of years until recently was the only one in captivity.
Died a couple of years ago. His genes are now the genetic "marker" set for all this species forever..
Pursat was his name. He bit me, the little bastard, when i was putting him into that cat box.
Until then he was on that chain on a floating house for all of his i year life. In a remote part of the lake.
I got the chain, he got a deluxe otter facility at Phnom Tamao.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic