Have any expats ever actually paid to have someone beaten up in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

On the thread about the scamming Kenyan, someone suggested the option of paying to have him beaten up.

I've heard it commonly said that in Cambodia it's easy for an expat to pay to have someone beaten up.

Has it ever actually happened?

Has anyone here ever actually heard from any reliable source that a specific expat paid to have a specific person beaten up and that the beating then occurred?

What's the going rate to give someone a beat down?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Have any expats ever actually paid to have someone beaten up in Cambodia?

Post by atst »

Do it yourself no witnesses
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:55 pm Do it yourself no witnesses
And cheaper. :thumb:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Just pay me and I'll get that karma bitch to do the job.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

That's just cowardly...paying someone to do your dirty work.

If you've got an issue with someone be a man and confront them face to face, if it cant be sorted amicably and comes to fisticuffs then at least have the balls to do it yourself, make it a fair fight, one on one.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:That's just cowardly...paying someone to do your dirty work.

If you've got an issue with someone be a man and confront them face to face, if it cant be sorted amicably and comes to fisticuffs then at least have the balls to do it yourself, make it a fair fight, one on one.
What if I’m a woman? Bit difficult for me to “be a man.” ;) just sayin’.......
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:57 pm That's just cowardly...paying someone to do your dirty work.

When it's gone past the face to face thing easy hit them when not looking and they don't see it coming just be careful not to hard and go home happy
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

Not exactly what you are asking, but:

A few years ago, there was an Australian man married to an Indonesian woman. The marriage got to the point where things werent working so well. The wife paid to have the husband beaten and murdered. That way she got all of the money. However, the children spoke up and said their mother arranged their fathers murder, and she should be brought to justice.

It would be extremely rare for a Westerner to pay for someone to be beaten up. Why would they?

It is much more common for Cambodians, Thai, Indonesians, Philippinoes and Chinese.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

The Eglitis and Hastie roughing up of David Scotcher in Siem Reap in 2015 might count (or not). newsworthy/conman-james-eglitis-and-bre ... tml#p99540
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

explorer wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:08 pm Not exactly what you are asking, but:

A few years ago, there was an Australian man married to an Indonesian woman. The marriage got to the point where things werent working so well. The wife paid to have the husband beaten and murdered. That way she got all of the money. However, the children spoke up and said their mother arranged their fathers murder, and she should be brought to justice.

It would be extremely rare for a Westerner to pay for someone to be beaten up. Why would they?

It is much more common for Cambodians, Thai, Indonesians, Philippinoes and Chinese.
A few reasons spelt out here...not just to be beaten up but murdered:

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 52k7e.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic