Unrest is sweeping across the US

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Unrest is sweeping across the US

Post by phuketrichard »

gun sales have never been better

wow, the revolution is coming and lots are getting prepared...
The FBI’s most recent data shows it carried out a record 3.9 million background checks for gun purchases in the month of June, the highest figure since records began in 1998.

The bureau carried out just over 3 million checks in May and 2.3 million checks in June 2019.

The states with the highest number of checks were Illinois, Kentucky, Texas, Florida and California.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/unrest-is-s ... P1pPjVvvjg

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Unrest is sweeping across the US

Post by whatwat »

Nope.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

Apparently there is now a general consensus in Washington state that posting a Trump/Pence sign on your property means "I have a gun." While the lawlessness has been dying down of late, during the peak many residents began posting these signs in order to discourage looters from invading their property. I find that to be very interesting.

It seems there have been more than 1 million additional gun permits granted in the USA since the violence broke out. There are also groups that are actively preparing for civil war, and the president of one of the major Black Lives Matter movement has stated he will "burn down the system" if all their demands aren't met. This has been causing great upheaval over the last week with Americans who believe that personal guns may be their last line of defence in a system that has gone completely mad.

There is even a group that wants to destroy Mount Rushmore. I reminded a liberal friend in the states that the Taliban were recently maligned by the USA for destroying similar historical Buddhist statues in Afghanistan. That didn't go over well.

I really don't want to think what might happen in November. No matter who wins, half the country is going to be really pissed and unwilling to accept the result. Given the fact that the whole country is on edge due to the extreme emotional toil inflicted by the lockdowns and the ensuing riots, things could get out of control in a way not even conceivable for the last 160 years.
Teddy1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Teddy1 »

Thank god, Canada is keeping its boarder to America tightly shut!!!
🇨🇦🙏
My entire life can be summed up in one sentence:
"Well that didnt go as planned".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Fundementalist individualism, hyper consumerism and free-range dog eat dog capitalism are not the building blocks of an enduring, cohesive society.
...it seems.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Glad I left and the family is on the way.
That’s the problem when you elect someone who is intent on breaking the system. They’re going to swing the pendulum one way and create more polarization.

November is going to be amazing.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

monomial wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:30 am Apparently there is now a general consensus in Washington state that posting a Trump/Pence sign on your property means "I have a gun." While the lawlessness has been dying down of late, during the peak many residents began posting these signs in order to discourage looters from invading their property. I find that to be very interesting.

It seems there have been more than 1 million additional gun permits granted in the USA since the violence broke out. There are also groups that are actively preparing for civil war, and the president of one of the major Black Lives Matter movement has stated he will "burn down the system" if all their demands aren't met. This has been causing great upheaval over the last week with Americans who believe that personal guns may be their last line of defence in a system that has gone completely mad.

There is even a group that wants to destroy Mount Rushmore. I reminded a liberal friend in the states that the Taliban were recently maligned by the USA for destroying similar historical Buddhist statues in Afghanistan. That didn't go over well.

I really don't want to think what might happen in November. No matter who wins, half the country is going to be really pissed and unwilling to accept the result. Given the fact that the whole country is on edge due to the extreme emotional toil inflicted by the lockdowns and the ensuing riots, things could get out of control in a way not even conceivable for the last 160 years.

-- There was unrest during the civil rights era. It's quite possible the exact same statements you just made you or others would of made during that same time period.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Last couple years of Obama we had a flareup of racial tension. Lots of divisive arguing and a really weird, angry election. Wonder if the situation now will settle down like before or really spin out of control.

PS-Do you we need another thread about this? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to trash the US.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:39 am Last couple years of Obama we had a flareup of racial tension. Lots of divisive arguing and a really weird, angry election. Wonder if the situation now will settle down like before or really spin out of control.

PS-Do you we need another thread about this? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to trash the US.
agree w/ you. didn't they get rid of some of those guys.. constantly bringing up Trump .. they went to 4chan maybe

i found that woman by the way..

Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Politics aside; when the police have lost the streets and looters and thugs are destroying property without reason, old men and women are being beaten and anarchy is in the streets - that's about the time you want a pistol and an assault rifle and around 4 years of ammo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic