Expat Parent question

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Imnotasiain
Expatriate
Australia

Expat Parent question

Post by Imnotasiain »

I have a 3 month old with breathing problems. I had really bad asthma as a kid. Where is a liable doctor that I can go to get that properly tested as well as buy a nebulizer breathing machine? The last doctor I went to was a useless prick and tonight I've had to spend the night at the hospital with my baby on oxygen thanks to it.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Re: Expat Parent question

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I would say Royal Phnom Penh Hospital is considered the best medical service provider in town. But others may have other suggestions. There's also Raffles International SOS.

I've never been aware of any individual doctors outside the hospitals that were that great for more specialized problems.

Good luck that sounds worrying!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

The paediatrician at Central hospits is quite good. he is french trained but speaks reasonable Englidh. they do have nebulizers there and xray and ultrasound.
I would not jump to the conclusion of asthma, it may be an allergy. Get him a passport and take him to thailand or singapore for tests. Royal and raffles grossly overcharge as they have little competition. There is a good English female gp in bangkok and a swiss one in Pattaya. the savings you would make, especially if tests are needed, wouldmore than pay for your flight
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Imnotasiain wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 pm I have a 3 month old with breathing problems. I had really bad asthma as a kid. Where is a liable doctor that I can go to get that properly tested as well as buy a nebulizer breathing machine? The last doctor I went to was a useless prick and tonight I've had to spend the night at the hospital with my baby on oxygen thanks to it.
Try doctor Sebban. French. close to ministry of interior. 35 $ consultation. Real doctor, long experience in Cambodia.
[media] https://cabinet-medical-francais.business.site/ [/media]
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I realise that this is unsolicited advice to the OP, but I would seriously think about getting back to your country with your sick baby. The borders are closing all over the world and the health care available in Cambodia is minimal, and is likely to be totally overwhelmed when the pandemic spreads throughout the country. This is not a good place for a sick baby.

@OP I know that you haven't asked for opinions on whether you should remain in Cambodia, but I just read this article, which made me reconsider your question : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... an-get-out
I don't want to scaremonger, but at least give the idea some thought. If you change your mind later, it may be too late.
Best of luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic