5,000 killed last month in Jihadist violence

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
UKJ
Expatriate

5,000 killed last month in Jihadist violence

Post by UKJ »

2,079 civilian casualties. I keep reading about villages getting slaughtered, schools attacked, girls kidnapped. It's totally barbaric. Nigeria needs to do more against Boko Haram, who are brutal.

More than 5,000 people worldwide died in November as a result of jihadist violence, a BBC study has revealed.
The four worst-affected countries were Iraq, Nigeria, Afghanistan and Syria, accounting for 80% of all deaths.
The investigation - co-ordinated with the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation (ICSR) - recorded a total of 664 attacks in 14 countries.
It aims to quantify the human cost of jihadist violence in one month, and to offer a snapshot of a complex movement.
The investigation showed that nearly seven people died every hour in November as a result of violence attributed to al-Qaeda, its offshoots and groups that subscribe to a similar ideology.
The study recorded a daily average of 22 such attacks and 168 fatalities. Islamic State (IS) militants - operating in Iraq and Syria - were responsible for more than 2,000 deaths.
Of the 5,042 people killed in total, a majority - 2,079 - were civilians. Military personnel made up 1,723 deaths. Nearly 1,000 jihadis were reported killed during attacks.
More ...............
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-30420218
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Re: 5,000 killed last month in Jihadist violence

Post by The Add Jay »

I find the number of dead jihadist to be wrong. They(msm) have being throwing bogus numbers around since the "arab spring". Its FAR higher then 1,000. I would range it to 3k. Deaths in Syria are about 300k now.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I would agree that something needs to be done but at what cost?

In the same period (1 month) 100,000 people died on our roads or 550,000 deaths of children under five, in the same period. Higher still 2,600,000 per month (average) of heart related issues, many of which are preventable.
(Source: http://www.who.int/)

5,000 is still 5,000 individuals, with family, friends and dependants but we also need to look at the underlying reasons, how best to make a positive intervention

Cost of a Storm Shadow Cruise missile:
Air: $1.3m**
Sea: $1.5m**
** does not include the launch platform costs (ships, planes etc...)

Back to our comparison estimated cost of air strikes against ISIS (Syria alone) $10 Billion*
*http://www.ibtimes.com/us-airstrikes-sy ... on-1694475

or a years supply of Statin for 50 million people
Preventative (Statin) treatment for a patient (1 year) $200

Maybe the current media focus on this area is, in part destractionary
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

EdinWigan wrote:I would agree that something needs to be done but at what cost?

In the same period (1 month) 100,000 people died on our roads or 550,000 deaths of children under five, in the same period. Higher still 2,600,000 per month (average) of heart related issues, many of which are preventable.

5,000 is still 5,000 individuals, with family, friends and dependants but we also need to look at the underlying reasons, how best to make a positive intervention

Back to our comparison estimated cost of air strikes against ISIS (Syria alone) $10 Billion*

Yess I have thought to myself what you have just stated. Its peanuts compared to how many deaths are related to other such preventable things but its a little different when your house was blown up...you have no job anymore your wife lost her legs your daughter was raped to death and your running for your life cause their is a man covered in a black rob with a knife screaming God is Great.

In fairness to the world...its STILL the most peaceful time in world history since 1945. Could big bad evil America have anything to do with this? Nahh!!

Ordinem ad Imperium
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

The Add Jay wrote:
EdinWigan wrote:I would agree that something needs to be done but at what cost?

Yess I have thought to myself what you have just stated. Its peanuts compared to how many deaths are related to other such preventable things but its a little different when your house was blown up...you have no job anymore your wife lost her legs your daughter was raped to death and your running for your life cause their is a man covered in a black rob with a knife screaming God is Great.

In fairness to the world...its STILL the most peaceful time in world history since 1945. Could big bad evil America have anything to do with this? Nahh!!
I think it has more to do with social communication, 'Social Media'

Individuals can text, email, travel around the globe, record and post videos on You Tube and Facebook etc... I think it was as a result of this that that city wall fell over, Germany, I think it was... that a whole bunch of Arabs - Up-rose...that individual citizens now say NO and can communicate directly across the globe
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

EdinWigan wrote: Individuals can text, email, travel around the globe, record and post videos on You Tube and Facebook etc... I think it was as a result of this that that city wall fell over, Germany, I think it was...
Ed, that was 25 years ago. They didn't have text, email, youtube, etc. . . . :facepalm:

Hey, let's get Pink Floyd out of mothballs to make a new album called "Rebuild the Wall".
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I know but even then there was greater communication at citizen level. This in turn helps to dispell stories of the bogieman
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

UKJ wrote:2,079 civilian casualties. I keep reading about villages getting slaughtered, schools attacked, girls kidnapped. It's totally barbaric. The world needs to do more against the israeli government, who are brutal.
Some food for thought, yes?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

vladimir wrote:
UKJ wrote:2,079 civilian casualties. I keep reading about villages getting slaughtered, schools attacked, girls kidnapped. It's totally barbaric. The world needs to do more against the israeli government, who are brutal.
Some food for thought, yes?
Could I politely request that you don't change my quotes to a random political view, thanks :thumb: You could just have asked the off topic question, if you want to spin the thread off topic onto Israel.
My opinion about last weeks BBC news article I read and posted, was that Nigeria, should do more about Nigerians being slaughtered and kidnapped. I don't think the world should " do anything against" Nigeria. Do you think the world should " do more against Nigeria" ? Why would they do anything at all?
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Well every time the "world"(laughable like any other country does anything for the world) gets involved in helping or trying correct a situation you blame that country(I mean the world) as being greedy and barbaric and acting like a world police.

There are some truths to this. I also say do nothing...like the situation correct itself. Nothing can be done for Africa and every time someone gets something going it goes to shit. Quadaffi for example.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic