Two Ukrainians Arrested in Cambodia for Trafficking Passports

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Ukrainians Arrested in Cambodia for Trafficking Passports

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On June 3, 2019, two Ukrainian men, VLADYMYR ANTONEVYCM, 29-year-old, and VOLODYMYR BEHAL, 35-year-old, were arrested for trafficking in foreign passports.

The arrests were made after receiving the order of Mr. Neth Savoeun, director of Phnom Penh police station, and the operation was coordinated by Mr. Reil Sopen, the prosecutor of Phnom Penh court; following their orders, the police of the Anti-cybercrime Department collaborated with Khan Chamkar morn police to arrest the suspects.

The police are preparing the case of passport trafficking to be submitted to the Phnom Penh court.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Two Ukrainians Arrested in Cambodia for Trafficking Passports

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

June 10, 2019
Two Ukrainians suspected of stealing passports

The Interior Ministry’s Anti-Cyber Crime Department has sent two Ukranian nationals to Phnom Penh Municipal Court after they were arrested for allegedly stealing passports and selling them illegally.

According to a post on the department’s Facebook page on Saturday, the ministry’s Anti-Cyber Crime Department cooperated with Chamkar Mon district police to arrest suspects Vladymyr Antonevycm, 29, and Volodymyr Behal, 35, who allegedly colluded to steal passports of foreigners and sell them.

The post further noted that the arrests were made based on the order of National Police chief General Neth Savoeun and coordinated by the municipal court’s deputy prosecutor Riel Sophin.

“At present, the Anti-Cyber Crime Department has sent them to the municipal court for questioning in accordance with the law,” the post said.

Anti-Cyber Crime Department director Lieutenant General Chea Pov yesterday confirmed that the Ukrainian men have been sent to the municipal court.

“I sent them to court already but I don’t know if the court has made a decision yet,” Lt Gen Pov said. “We found that they stole the passports of more than 10 victims.”

He noted that they sold the passports for more than $300 to $400 each.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50612577/t ... passports/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

I wonder what country the passports were from.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Are these the scumbags that have been stealing stuff from the hostels a few days back?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

I wonder what the buyers can achieve with a stolen passport. In this day and age I would imagine security measures like embedded chips and pics make stolen western passports hard to modify or use.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Same lowlife theives alright.
You can probably pass borders with a doctored passport in lots of countries.

I took a Khmer girl to Bangkok a few years ago with a passport that the photo was completely ruined in from water damage.
They just grinned and let her pass each way.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:51 am Same lowlife theives alright.
You can probably pass borders with a doctored passport in lots of countries.

I took a Khmer girl to Bangkok a few years ago with a passport that the photo was completely ruined in from water damage.
They just grinned and let her pass each way.
Maybe they still had her pica in the immigration system because she has entered before?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

1st time abroad
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic