Brit Malcolm Ian Maclean, 64, Dies of Cancer in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Brit Malcolm Ian Maclean, 64, Dies of Cancer in Siem Reap

Post by prahocalypse now »

The British man Malcolm Ian Maclean, 64, died of cancer in his condominium in Siem Reap.

He came to Cambodia in June 2018 with his partner.

The competent authorities examined his body and concluded that he died of cancer because he was very thin and there were ulcers on his body.

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Brit Malcolm Ian Maclean, 64, Dies of Cancer in Siem Reap

Post by prahocalypse now »

The picture from left to right: Jez (alive)- Terry (Deceased) - Mac (Me) (alive just!) and Doug (Deceased) – The Shirtz – The best Rock n Roll band in the UK at the time, stuff The Clash and The Stranglers we pulled bigger crowds!!! NEW album available soon $9.95 ... hahahahha.......
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: On Friday, February 8, 2019, Malcolm Ian Maclean, born 1954, passed away in condominium 504, at La Lune Point of Angkor condominium in Treang Village, Slor Kram Commune, Siem Reap.
Mr Mclean arrived in Siem Reap, Cambodia, with his partner on June 27, 2018.
On 8 February, his decease was reported to the authorities, who came to the condo to make an official report and examination. They concluded that the cause of death was cancer. The body was removed to Phnom Penh to be kept at the Khmer-Soviet Hospital while the family make arrangements for the funeral.
Condolences to his campanion, and his family and friends. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Heartbreaking. My condolences go out to the family.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Gilmore
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Gilmore »

He looks a lot like the man who approached me in Bayon Supermarket about 3 years ago, after spotting me wearing a Sharky Ramones t-shirt. He claimed to be the long time manager of Dr. Feelgood and was asking about the local music scene. He gave me his business card, but I've since misplaced it.
This part of the world seems to attract old rockers or those claiming to be. Mick Jagger and Jimmy Page were supposedly regular visitors to Thailand in the early 2000s and Jagger uses the line, I've been to Angkor and I've been to Battambang, on "Wandering Spirit". They must be interested in the temples, though, in a biography, Jagger is quoted as saying he had the best sex of his life in Bangkok.
When I arrived here in 2004, I noticed an American man who looked like a clone of Evan Dando of the Lemonheads picking up freelancers in Walkabout. If it was him, it would have shocked the feminists who idolised him. There was another guy around town who strongly resembled Peter Frampton and played guitar in an expat blues band. He wouldn't answer when I asked him if there was any connection.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

That's right, this part of the world attracts old rockers. Gary Glitter is the most famous of the old rockers.

And it is good to know that, in a biography, Jagger is quoted as saying he had the best sex of his life in Bangkok.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Captain wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:22 am That's right, this part of the world attracts old rockers. Gary Glitter is the most famous of the old rockers.

And it is good to know that, in a biography, Jagger is quoted as saying he had the best sex of his life in Bangkok.

Butt sex with what ? Ask any of the girls and they will tell you he is ex-jaggerating .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic