Root Canal in Kampot

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
into-the-wind
Tourist

Root Canal in Kampot

Post by into-the-wind »

Do think these local dentist are much worse than Roomchang in PP? Is Roomchang that great, it seem to have locally trained dentists employed there. They say $250 for the root canal. There is another place, International Dentist, they charge $150. I wonder is there any difference.
I found Tani Dental that is 70km from Kampot, he wants $250 aswell. He seems to have a nice clinic. But why so remote location?
Kampot has a few dentist, but they don't look very good.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Root Canal in Kampot

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Dr Lina at Lavelle in PP.

Under $50/and good
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 pm Dr Lina at Lavelle in PP.

Under $50/and good
Labelle.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Dr Lina at Lavelle in PP.

Under $50/and good
I also would highly recommend Labelle =)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:54 pm Dr Lina at Lavelle in PP.

Under $50/and good
Street 110
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

into-the-wind wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:25 pm Do think these local dentist are much worse than Roomchang in PP? Is Roomchang that great, it seem to have locally trained dentists employed there. They say $250 for the root canal. There is another place, International Dentist, they charge $150. I wonder is there any difference.
I found Tani Dental that is 70km from Kampot, he wants $250 aswell. He seems to have a nice clinic. But why so remote location?
Kampot has a few dentist, but they don't look very good.
Local dentists are highly variable and range from abysmal to excellent, go on recommendations. With respect to Roomchang, If you need advanced work done such as implants and bone grafts, dental surgery etc. it is far and away the best and they are extremely well equipped. I have used Roomchang Dental Hospital on 184 street since it opened, and it has saved me from the need to fly to Thailand.
into-the-wind
Tourist

Post by into-the-wind »

You don't think a root canal is an advanced problem? I've paid $800 for a root canal from a dentist back home and $1100 for another from an endodontist with a microscope on Bay St. The endo was far better, no pain and quick healing. The 3rd one from a guy in Kerala was $150 and it didn't work so well...the tooth will probably need to be extracted in the near future. So had it been done properly would save me a lot of trouble and money.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

No,a root canal is a simple bread and butter procedure.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

into-the-wind wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:48 pm You don't think a root canal is an advanced problem? I've paid $800 for a root canal from a dentist back home and $1100 for another from an endodontist with a microscope on Bay St. The endo was far better, no pain and quick healing. The 3rd one from a guy in Kerala was $150 and it didn't work so well...the tooth will probably need to be extracted in the near future. So had it been done properly would save me a lot of trouble and money.
For a root canal personally I would go to Roomchang. However as I said the dentists are highly variable so go on solid recommendations, and my recommendation is that you go to Roomchang and get Dr. Lov to do it.

In fact it was because a supposedly good dentist in Phnom Penh 10 years ago broke a tooth when attempting to do a root canal filing that I started using Roomchang.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

roomchang guys are japan and german trained, dr bun the oral surgeon is good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic