87-year-old Grandma gets tasered

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

87-year-old Grandma gets tasered

Post by hanno »

For picking dandelions no less. Though I guess she is lucky she did not get shot:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/16/us/g ... index.html
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: 87-year-old Grandma gets tasered

Post by General Mackevili »

"Martha Al-Bishara was arrested for criminal trespass and obstruction of a police officer, according to the report. Chatsworth Police said Al-Bishara did not drop a steak knife despite several commands and a demonstration by officers. At one point, she walked toward officers with the knife, police said."

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :crazy:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:03 pm "Martha Al-Bishara was arrested for criminal trespass and obstruction of a police officer, according to the report. Chatsworth Police said Al-Bishara did not drop a steak knife despite several commands and a demonstration by officers. At one point, she walked toward officers with the knife, police said."

Right, three grown policemen need to taser a 5ft2in grandmother, who does not speak English, to subdue her. Reminds me of the recent story of a German being terrorized by a 5-week old squirrel.....
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:03 pm "Martha Al-Bishara was arrested for criminal trespass and obstruction of a police officer, according to the report. Chatsworth Police said Al-Bishara did not drop a steak knife despite several commands and a demonstration by officers. At one point, she walked toward officers with the knife, police said."

Yea,,, the cops should stick to playing games of cops and robbers and writing fairy stories about grandma and the big bad wolf in their police report.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:03 pm Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :crazy:
I agree, and hanno tends to see red with pretty much any and every thing to do with the US so there's not going to be any real fruitful dialogue there.

But I would like to see more restrained and situational police work. Less knee-jerk, robotic blasting away anytime a glint of metal appears.

Take this great example from the UK

Well done, I say! That man would be dead if that were the US.

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

hanno tends to see red with pretty much any and every thing to do with the US so there's not going to be any real fruitful dialogue there.
Really? I do not recall commenting (much) on Trump, American politics, trade wars with half the world, etc. But by all means prove me wrong. I would have posted this if it had happened in any other country; not my fault if American cops tend to use overwhelming force at the slightest provocation.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

This from NZ

kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

hanno wrote:

Right, three grown policemen need to taser a 5ft2in grandmother, who does not speak English, to subdue her. Reminds me of the recent story of a German being terrorized by a 5-week old squirrel.....
Could have been worse. Thy could have unloaded a couple of clips into her.

Seems police are damed if they do damed if they don’t. They finally don’t use deadly force and are bollocked for it.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

charlie
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

hanno wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:56 pm For picking dandelions no less. Though I guess she is lucky she did not get shot:

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/16/us/g ... index.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic