Stolen Valor

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Stolen Valor

Post by Artful Dodger »

I picked up this one on Australian media news....
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-09/c ... an/9742780
The politician faked his history to gain credibility to be elected into Government.

This is one of my "bug bears". I come across these walking pieces of human excrement often in S.E. Asia. One that sticks out in my mind is an Australian fellow living in Saigon for at least 7 years who sucks up to the tourists, tells them his tale of woe, almost boasts that he has PTSD while claiming to be a hard trodden veteran of the Vietnam War. A few others and myself outed him and when confronted with the truth, admitted it, but still continues his facade. The guy was a 17 year old Navy kitchen hand on a ship in the war and never set foot on Vietnam soil and was only anchored at the mouth of the Saigon River for 3 weeks.

One guy in Phnom Penh I think must be mentally ill. He took to me with a beer glass when I called him a liar and ... well, let's just say I helped him to lie on the floor. This US mongrel still lives in Phnom Penh claiming to be a Vietnam War veteran fighting in the jungles in 1977 (2 years after the war ended and 5 years after US did their last combat mission)

When in Vung Tau, Vietnam a few years ago, some tosser sitting with actual Vietnam Veterans started his story of woe and suffering PTSD. He even nominated the region he served. Funny thing is that region was controlled by VC and NVA the whole time. (Maybe he was batting for the other team). Claimed he was with the 70th Regiment. Australian has not got that many. Seriously, did this guy think he could fool actual veterans??

Stolen Valor now carries series prison time for these fakers.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Stolen Valor

Post by Felgerkarb »

Always been a feature of SEA.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Go to Pattaya. Full of ex-SAS, SBS, SF, SEK, and all sort of other letters.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

hanno wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:21 am Go to Pattaya. Full of ex-SAS, SBS, SF, SEK, and all sort of other letters.
How many are real??
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

There is an Aussie site that names and shames these people Australia and New Zealand Military Imposters very interesting reading
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:24 am
hanno wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:21 am Go to Pattaya. Full of ex-SAS, SBS, SF, SEK, and all sort of other letters.
How many are real??

The ones worn by the the Cambodian military are riel .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

How many are real??
Probably none.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

YeP wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:27 am There is an Aussie site that names and shames these people Australia and New Zealand Military Imposters very interesting reading
I know that site.... it is awesome... some of these fakers were even collecting military pensions without ever serving in any military force, let alone having served in combat. And to prison they do go..
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

How many are real??
There are always a few about. Generally low key guys you know for years until you find out.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic