Transferred Funds Returned from Wise Bank

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Cyril56
Tourist

Transferred Funds Returned from Wise Bank

Post by Cyril56 »

Transferred funds last week from ABA Cambodia to the UK. USD to GBP .Intermediary bank JP Morgan returned the funds to Cambodia ABA at the request of Barclays London who are Transferwises bank.

I contacted Wise they said it was returned because I didn’t include a reference number ( which they had previously told me I didn’t need ) I didn’t include it as there was no space on the ABA bank app to put the reference number.

Next I contacted ABA who told me I did not need a reference number for a Swift transaction.

Now I have no idea how to transfer this money back to the UK .
Transferwise are not responding to my request to doublecheck the reason the funds were returned .
Does anyone have any ideas ?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Transferred Funds Returned from Wise Bank

Post by Kammekor »

An intermediary bank in the US once refused my transfer from the EU to Cambodia because they required my date of birth in the transfer description.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Never any issues with Western Union.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Surprised ABA said that. They want an acct number as ref. for transfers, in and out.
Also, how does Wise issue debit cards if they Cuckoo in other banks? Somehow they seem to avoid laundering regulations, too. I realise they have money stashed in most countries, so there's no transfer transacted by them, but they must send/receive, facilitated via the intermediary.

Anyway, ABA are surposed to provide a ref number, as seen in the "office" section in the link below. So your contact missed that one. Wise want your membership number as a reference, to check your funds, as they parasite off bricks and mortar technology, and will probably check sufficiency on their laptop in the pub.

So, bottom of transfer form, below, "reason for transfer": Other. In "details of transfer" put "fucked your mother, forgot to give her her change", or something else, if different, and enter your membership number.

Your mem. # is in your account details with Wise (no kidding!?).

https://www.ababank.com/fileadmin/user_ ... 230321.pdf
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Cyril56
Tourist

Post by Cyril56 »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 pm Surprised ABA said that. They want an acct number as ref. for transfers, in and out.
Also, how does Wise issue debit cards if they Cuckoo in other banks? Somehow they seem to avoid laundering regulations, too. I realise they have money stashed in most countries, so there's no transfer transacted by them, but they must send/receive, facilitated via the intermediary.

Anyway, ABA are surposed to provide a ref number, as seen in the "office" section in the link below. So your contact missed that one. Wise want your membership number as a reference, to check your funds, as they parasite off bricks and mortar technology, and will probably check sufficiency on their laptop in the pub.

So, bottom of transfer form, below, "reason for transfer": Other. In "details of transfer" put "fucked your mother, forgot to give her her change", or something else, if different, and enter your membership number.

Thank you !!! Do you know if it is possible to also add that reference number on the ABA app? or must I go in to the branch and fill out that form .?
Cyril56
Tourist

Post by Cyril56 »

Yes you are right ,,,it is the Wise membership number the Transferwise bank need or the funds are returned....doesnt seem to be a place on the app for that Reference membership number - not to be confused with the reference number on ABA for at bottom of page ...
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Cyril56 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:23 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 pm Surprised ABA said that. They want an acct number as ref. for transfers, in and out.

Thank you !!! Do you know if it is possible to also add that reference number on the ABA app? or must I go in to the branch and fill out that form .?
Don't know about app. Reckon u can check that. Your ref # is your account number.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic