2088 users online

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

2088 users online

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

I just looked​ at the online figures and atm there are 2088 users online.
Meat pies or racism? The General is a master thread creator.
See crook!!!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: 2088 users online

Post by frank lee bent »

we have been marginally the front runner in visitors for almost 3 months now, by any metric, the counter was fixed a week or so ago so the info is public again.
thanks mostly to members starting new threads, and the helpful nature that questions by noobs are dealt with by members
ie; they are not trolled or ridiculed, they are answered with helpful information.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:31 pm we have been marginally the front runner in visitors for almost 3 months now, by any metric, the counter was fixed a week or so ago so the info is public again.
Yes, i noticed the figures doubled when that happened. Just as the General stated on tof.
I also noticed that they noticed and changed their timing to 180 mins again. Funnily, nothing happened to their read count though?
See crook!!!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

oh people will like to split hairs about the reasons for the numbers, but we knew it was just part of the upgrade of the site, because we could see the real numbers rather than the public counter that was fonged with the upgrade.
if you watch the numbers it is pretty clear we are touching number 1 by a slim margin most of the time now.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:21 pm I just looked​ at the online figures and atm there are 2088 users online.
Meat pies or racism? The General is a master thread creator.
Haha, we have been getting MUCH busier over the last few months, so thanks to and everyone for helping make CEO a lot more fun and informative and not some flame-war battleground. Actually, we had an issue with traffic/visitors NOT being tracked when visiting through the old http urls vs the HTTPS urls or something, and during that time we switched the online 'timespan' between 60 mins-720 mins, to try and pinpoint the issue. Solved now. And we have a good team behind the scenes putting in a lot of effort for the community to make sure we provide the best platforum to discuss things, and I think we're on the right track. As you could probably guess, we put a lot of time and money into CEO and are always taking feedback from people to improve things. Thanks to all who have taken their time to send us honest feedback, and to the recent individual who suggested we simplify the buttons on top of the post section (with Youtuble, Image uploader, quote, BOLD, etc, we are working on it and should be able to get to it within a week, just to make it a little easier on the eyes. Seriously, thanks for the feedback, as we always want it from as many members as possible so that we can improve things as normal. We also have an amazing news team, and we are constantly looking to bring the most interesting stories to everyone as we can, even if we catch flack from time to time.

TOF (the old forum) said their limit is 180 minutes, and 'claim' they won't go over that, but we shall see, LoL. They followed us when we switched it to 180 a couple years ago, so nobody should be surprised if they follow suit again. We have have been going back and forth, but 360 mins is good, imho, as it's just a stat and it's nice to see who else has been active over the last few hours, no matter what we decide to set it on, whether 720, 360, 180, 60, etc. If it were set at 180, the stats would show a little over 1,200 online compared to TOF at around 900, so that's not too shabby for the new kids on the block.

Anyways, we have been doing a lot of changes lately to improve CEO, so rest assured you're all in good hands and are constantly making random improvements that we can. Just put up an add for Agoda, so hopefully that will bring in some more cash for CEO to make even more improvements.

:beer:

Really though, I can't thank everyone enough for choosing CEO to contribute on! I know we can't ALL ever agree on all issues, but everyone get's a voice, as long as you don't come on here to be a dickhead and fuck up what we are trying to provide for the community. We do try to let all of you mod yourselves, and only step in when we really need to, but we are glad to do it, especially with everyone's help, specifically using the report function and karma to give us an idea of the direction the public wants to take it. At the end of the day, I'm the one that gets to make the final decision, but everyone on our Mod Team has executive rights to do as they see fit and don't have to get 'approval' from me, and I am not in the habit of micromanaging or overturning their decisions, as we all want the same thing, and they make better decisions than me sometimes.

Ok, it's g&t time.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....Just put up an add for Agoda, ...
so u joined the affiliate game???
join amazon and get links for newbies

I also SUGGEST booking.com as they are better for Europe/america ( agoda is better for asia with more hotels ) BUT many dont like agoda cause u dont get the total price up front like booking.com gives ya)

another suggestion; dont use their banners but use their search option links. You get a higher % convert :beer3:

Do people really care how many users are online?? ( only an advertiser really would care about traffic and stats can be manipulated easily), i dont,
i care about quality

more interesting , right now u have 75 registered users online
30 of which i have never seen a post from :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:
....Just put up an add for Agoda, ...
so u joined the affiliate game???
join amazon and get links for newbies

I also SUGGEST booking.com as they are better for Europe/america ( agoda is better for asia with more hotels ) BUT many dont like agoda cause u dont get the total price up front like booking.com gives ya)

another suggestion; dont use their banners but use their search option links. You get a higher % convert :beer3:

Do people really care how many users are online?? ( only an advertiser really would care about traffic and stats can be manipulated easily), i dont,
i care about quality

more interesting , right now u have 75 registered users online
30 of which i have never seen a post from :stir:
Thank you, Richard. Actually, I'd forgotten that you are the Affiliate King. Great tips, as I will need them, as I know NOTHING about it, but really want to grow the site, and that costs money, so if we can get CEO to continue to support itself.

And if anyone has an issue with us trying to generate money from the site, you should know we NEVER created the site for profit, and I will always make sure our #1 priority is the enjoyment/usefulness for our members.

And if you all must know, I tried to get Google's AdSense for our forum, but they require WAY too many changes/restrictions on here to meet their standards, so fuck em, as I don't want to have a nanny site and have to censor shit I think should be allowed on here just to have that revenue. Yes, it would be nice to have, but not at the expense of making changes to the site that myself and probably a lot of you wouldn't like.

That's it. We're making improvements along with coming up with legit ways to generate cash without messing with the experience for visitors to our site.

And we would never manipulate stats/etc. I remember when Orange Dragon found a code on Khmer440's script that counted every page view or visitor TWICE, and when the new owner was informed of that, he got an INSTANT $2,000 discount, LoL. (Heard that from KiR personally, who joked we owed him $2,000 because of it, haha. Well, I think he was joking.)

And Richard, thanks for those tips. I'll get with you privately to get more info about those programs. As most of our traffic comes from Cambodia, I think most Affiliate Programs don't pay as much as if it were from the US, so it takes a little digging to find a good program.

Anyways, it's a work in progress, and any tips/ideas from anyone else are welcomed.

If all else fails, we'll just start charging MEMBERSHIP FEES!!! :stir:

;)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Kampong Spooner
Expatriate

Post by Kampong Spooner »

I've been keeping an eye on this during the latest willy waggling,and normally, despite jelly head's (the Scottish meaning) assertions, this place has always been below par in random user online samples.

However, checking the latest data shows that gonks site has finally claimed more online users.

I'm going to eat my hat and follow the general s lead and take another chill pill.
Cookin' MCs like a pound o'bacon
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"If all else fails, we'll just start charging MEMBERSHIP FEES!!!,"t

Forums do not cease to be funny when they die any more than they appear frivolous when trolls raise the reader count.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i think the sun may have set on the era of free range trolling.
we are not going to go all thaivisa.com, but enough is enough.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic