Pity the substitute teacher

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Pity the substitute teacher

Post by boozyoldman »

This has NO relationship to Cambodia, but some readers have
been teachers elsewhere and will find it of interest ...

http://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/0 ... td/500477/

The marijuana party episode is worthy of 'Cheech and Chong'
boozyoldman
Expatriate
Western Sahara

Re: Pity the substitute teacher

Post by boozyoldman »

Here, extracted, is one substitute teacher's experience ...
[All jolly, jolly fun. Yes! But see the note below]

** Mid morning, a group of students said the teacher had told them to clean the walk-in refrigerator, so I let them do that. They went into the walk-in and closed the door, but it wasn’t long before the rest of us could detect the sweet smell of pot being smoked.

I went into the walk-in to deal with the situation and as soon as I entered, they all exited and closed the door, leaving me locked inside. I sat there fuming for about 15 minutes, then they let me out. I walked into a party in progress; everyone was high and they were cooking up munchies for all: omelettes, cakes, cookies—you name it.

There was nothing for me to do but relax and go with it. We had our little feast, cleaned the kitchen, and went on our way.

NOTE: The substitute teacher who recounted this (quite plausible) tale was amazingly lucky that nobody spilled the beans about this episode.

S/he could have been facing along list of really serious criminal charges as well as the very real prospect of being drummed out of teaching forever.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic