Man Shot for Failing to stop at Police Checkpoint.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Man Shot for Failing to stop at Police Checkpoint.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Careful out there, some of you people who like to gun it through police checkpoints or try to do a runner in Sihanoukville and elsewhere... :dragonchase:

Man shot after refusing to stop at checkpoint
Fri, 3 June 2016
Mech Dara and Bun Sengkong

A 25-year-old Kampong Chhnang native will think twice before skipping a police checkpoint, after his refusal to halt resulted in a police chase and a slug in the leg yesterday afternoon.

With two pals riding pillion, the obstinate young man decided to give the checkpoint a miss. This didn’t go down well with the traffic cops manning the post, who gave chase.

While making a dash for Svay Pak village, their bid for freedom turned sour when cops popped a round off in the driver’s leg.
http://www.phnompenhpost.com/police-blo ... checkpoint
LTO
Expatriate

Re: Man Shot for Failing to stop at Police Checkpoint.

Post by LTO »

The victim, Oeun Sotheara, 30, had been driving with a friend along National Road 5 at about 3 p.m. when police at a checkpoint in Russei Keo district flagged him down because the motorbike did not have a license plate, according to district police chief Teang Chansa.

Mr. Sotheara slowed down, but then suddenly sped away, prompting the officers to give chase, Mr. Chansa said.

“When our forces stopped them, the two did not allow our forces to arrest them and tried to resist, which led to a gunshot that hit [Mr. Sotheara’s] right calf,” he said, refusing to name the officer who shot Mr. Sotheara.

He said police found five small packets of crystal methamphetamine under the seat of the motorbike, which was owned by the victim’s friend, Uth Sarneang, 25.

Deputy district police chief Iv Chhunpheng said the chase stretched more than 5 km, and that police finally stopped the men near the Ly Yong Phat Bridge and moved to arrest them.

When Mr. Sotheara and Mr. Sarneang attempted to flee, a scuffle ensued and the gun was fired, Mr. Chhunpheng said, adding that the shot merely “grazed” the younger man.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/poli ... se-113446/
Blowing off a checkpoint, leading the cops on a 5km chase, scuffling with the cops, possession of multiple packages of meth. Having a hard time working up much outrage over this
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I can't believe the cops chased this guy. I Sihanoukville I've never seen them go after scofflaws. I like the leg shot as it spreads the word about traffic laws. Since most of them use 9mm it probably wasn't much of a wound, now a .45acp that's a wound.
dopmoto
Expatriate

Post by dopmoto »

Sailorman wrote:I can't believe the cops chased this guy. I Sihanoukville I've never seen them go after scofflaws. I like the leg shot as it spreads the word about traffic laws. Since most of them use 9mm it probably wasn't much of a wound, now a .45acp that's a wound.
Sailorman wrote:I can't believe the cops chased this guy. I Sihanoukville I've never seen them go after scofflaws. I like the leg shot as it spreads the word about traffic laws. Since most of them use 9mm it probably wasn't much of a wound, now a .45acp that's a wound.
hooker also need loving too

Last edited by dopmoto on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

Careful with that gun Chansa, it was only a small bit of ice. Were the perps armed? No, not the police.
The bullet just missed his left ear. Went straight into his head.

Nothing to worry about, It's only a scratch. It'll be right-as-rain in a couple of days.
What we're looking for is some multi-cellular life form, with a brown coat, huge razor sharp money eyes, about 4'10" long and of the genus: polysus horribilyus.
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

dopmoto wrote: clearly noreal non immigrant coppers had a roll inthe viet kum khmer viet scammer master picece of meth smugglishg copers incded psoycosix
Huh???? :please:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

:-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic