Officer Arrested for Striking Woman Motorcycle Passenger

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Officer Arrested for Striking Woman Motorcycle Passenger

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): According to officer San Sokseyha, a representative of the Phnom Penh Police, on September 9, 2021, the authorities arrested a law enforcement officer who violently struck a female motorcyclist on the head with a walkie-talkie causing a head injury and trauma.
Police have arranged for both the victim and offender to resolve the conflict; if the victim rejects the resolution, the authorities would file a court case to the Phnom Penh Municipal Court; even if the victim accepts the resolution, the offender will still be disciplined in accordance with the law enforcement regulations. The identities of the victim and the officer have not been disclosed.

This incident occurred on the night of September 8 when the officer stopped 2 motorcyclists who broke the traffic law by driving without wearing helmets. While the victim and a male driver were being pulled over, the officer attempted to strike the male driver, but the blow landed on the head of the female passenger at the back.
ImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Officer Arrested for Striking Woman Motorcycle Passenger

Post by Jerry Atrick »

11 years ago or so, I had a walkie talkie, a traffic baton and a real baton on back of helmet from traffic cops trying to fuck me up for running their checkpoints on three occasions

Luckily enough, HE told them to stop being cunts not long afterwards, during the run up to an election, and they have not been nearly as aggressive or prolific since then

I must say it never crossed my mind to return and have the pigs arrested; this sounds like a righteous young woman, fair play to her
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

@14.02 remaining there's a vid of the officer striking the woman
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

This has gone viral amongst locals, so the copper is fucked.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Guess he was trying to demonstrate what might happen if you hit your head without a helmet.

Ambitious indeed though might serve him well if someone demonstrate to him what happens when you assault innocent people.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:49 pm @14.02 remaining there's a vid of the officer striking the woman
In defense of the police guy, the driver ignored his stop sign and instead went on full throttle.

IMHO you lose quite a few rights to complain in that situation.

If you run for the police and get hurt, f@cking man up.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:06 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:49 pm @14.02 remaining there's a vid of the officer striking the woman
In defense of the police guy, the driver ignored his stop sign and instead went on full throttle.

IMHO you lose quite a few rights to complain in that situation.

If you run for the police and get hurt, f@cking man up.
Yep, AFAIK they were:

1. supposed to stop

2. wear helmets

Does that justify the cop's actions? I don't know how the law treats that situation in Cambodia..
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:22 pm

Yep, AFAIK they were:

1. supposed to stop

2. wear helmets

Does that justify the cop's actions? I don't know how the law treats that situation in Cambodia..
Well, he didn't shoot them. He just hit one of them on the head because they ignored him and put him in a dangerous situation.
The fuss started because he hit the pretty girl instead of the boy. And then it went viral and it all became noise.

Anyway, he's fucked. Any government servant hurting a pretty young girl in a country where that make all girls on TV sound like children is fucked. Next time he could shoot a granny and get away with it [/cynism].
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:46 pm 11 years ago or so, I had a walkie talkie, a traffic baton and a real baton on back of helmet from traffic cops trying to fuck me up for running their checkpoints on three occasions

Luckily enough, HE told them to stop being cunts not long afterwards, during the run up to an election, and they have not been nearly as aggressive or prolific since then

I must say it never crossed my mind to return and have the pigs arrested; this sounds like a righteous young woman, fair play to her
This was formerly normal behavior in SV.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

nemo wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:45 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:46 pm 11 years ago or so, I had a walkie talkie, a traffic baton and a real baton on back of helmet from traffic cops trying to fuck me up for running their checkpoints on three occasions

This was formerly normal behavior in SV.
And in no way similar to what happened in this case.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic