Sihanoukville: A Foreigner Seriously Injured in Road Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sihanoukville: A Foreigner Seriously Injured in Road Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville: There was a road accident between a car and motorbike at Eakareach blvd near Capitol bus station which caused a foreigner who was driving a motorbike to have seriously injured.

Source: Huy Bunleng

Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Sihanoukville: A Foreigner Seriously Injured in Road Accident

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

if you ride a big bike you should have a full face helmet, tbh you should wear a full face helmet riding any bike
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Appears the bus reversed from its parking space without looking to see if any traffic was coming. Poor bike.

Very common hazard on roads here.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

During the week long holiday, the crazy drivers from PP come down to Snooky to add to the mix. I try and stay off the roads during the holiday. On tue I was coming back from the quiz at Otres and near the stoplight by the big bend in Eckerieach St a bozo pulled out from the side of the street and sat crossways in the road. He never looked when he pulled out and thought the middle of the street (sideways) was a good place to stop. If I had been on a bike I would have probably T-boned him.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Sailorman wrote:During the week long holiday, the crazy drivers from PP come down to Snooky to add to the mix. I try and stay off the roads during the holiday. On tue I was coming back from the quiz at Otres and near the stoplight by the big bend in Eckerieach St a bozo pulled out from the side of the street and sat crossways in the road. He never looked when he pulled out and thought the middle of the street (sideways) was a good place to stop. If I had been on a bike I would have probably T-boned him.
At last something I can agree on with sailor man: I also try to avoid being on SHV roads during Khmer festivals, the streets really become a war zone then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic