85 villagers in Kompong Cham got food poising (khmer noodle)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Kompong Cham, Doctor Sovann, The spokesman of ministry of health said, So far, the number of villagers in Kompong Cham province who got food poising have reached 85 (52 female, 7 male and 26 children).

Related to this, the doctor suspected that it caused from the low hygienic practice at the noodle house. Doctor requested the owner of the noodle house to pay more attention on hygienic practice.

This incident occurred around 11:30 am on 8 May 2015. Those villagers who got food posing mostly from Tomnop village, Tomnop commune, Batheay district, Kompong Cham province. They bought khmer noodle from the market to eat at home.

Recently all of the victims are being hospitalized at Batheay district health center.

Engrish
Spoiler:
Cham: Dr Ly Sovann, spokesman for the Ministry of Health, said that as of 3 hours and 30 minutes this afternoon, residents poisoned noodles A total of 85 people, including 52 children, 26 women and 7 men.

Cases involving Dr suspected poisoning that may be caused by the noodles lack of sanitation and suggestions to craft noodles looked at hygiene. However, he will take the cake noodles tested.

This toxicity occurred at 11 and 30 minutes on the morning of May 8, 2015, and village residents living poisoning dam Batheay District Commune Cham, they bought the noodles from the market to eat as a family home.

The villagers were taken to hospital Referral Batheay District are ready
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: 85 villagers in Kompong Cham got food poising (khmer noo

Post by vladimir »

Khmer hygiene at work again.

Hey, why educate villagers, we need helicopters more...fuckwits.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:85 villagers in Kompong Cham got food poising (khmer noodle)

Related to this, the doctor suspected that it caused from the low hygienic practice at the noodle house. Doctor requested the owner of the noodle house to pay more attention on hygienic practice.
Wow, the doctor must be a genius.

But why such a harsh response, to even suggest the cunt preparing the noodles shouldn't shit in the wok?

So unfair.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Doctor requested the owner of the noodle house to pay more attention on hygienic practice.
Well THAT seems a bit aggressive. Where is the face-save?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Rice noodles fabricated in a village are probably unhygienic according to western standards, but most local people have a certain tolerance to this standard of hygiene. I've seen them being made in all sorts of dirty places, outside with exposure to dust and sawdust, animals roaming around, no washing of hands etc - and nobody was poisoned (as far as I know.)
Surely big scale food-poisoning like this means that there was something amiss apart from the usual hygiene standards ? I'm only guessing, but pesticides or something similar ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:I'm only guessing, but pesticides or something similar ?
Yep. That's what caused the big one recently in Siem Reap.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Food poisoning on that scale is unlikely to be due to poor hygiene. It's much more likely to be down to either ingredients that have gone bad or contamination by pesticide, cleaning product, etc.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Four days ago I got a to-go pork n' noodles at a restaurant on Victory Hill (Snooky) that I have been going to for about a year. Got sick that night and for two days. Lots of meds brought me around. I suspect bad food storage practices.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic