Young Man Trafficked 3Kgs of 'Chinese Tea Meth' from Laos

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Young Man Trafficked 3Kgs of 'Chinese Tea Meth' from Laos

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Police of the Department of Anti-Drug Crime cracked down on cases of cross-border drug trafficking from Laos to Cambodia, following the orders of the National Police Commissioner and Mr. Mak Chito, Deputy Commissioner General of the Anti-Drug Plan.
On November 3, 2020 at 8:45 AM, the Special Forces (A8) of the Anti-Drug Crime Department, led by Mr. Van Kosal, Deputy Director of the Department, investigated and cracked down on drug trafficking cases in Phnom Penh, along the concrete road near the Neang Mcha roundabout, Sangkat Chroy Changva, Khan Chroy Changva.

As a result, a suspect named Soeun Piseth, male, 22 years old, Cambodian national, was arrested with over three kilograms of methamphetamine wrapped as Chinese tea.

Captured evidence: Total drugs 3111.07 grams
- Methamphetamine (ICE) weighs 3110 grams.
- Ecstasy (MDMA) Weight 1.07 g
- One drug weighing scale.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Young Man Trafficked 3Kgs of 'Chinese Tea Meth' from Laos

Post by atst »

Another mule, talked into making a quick buck, not laughing now
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Chinese tea again...The dumb guys running things still haven't figured out that the cops are onto the Chinese tea thing...
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

Maybe the trafficker are as stupid as this cop!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Life Sentence
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): On the evening of August 3, 2021, the judge of the court of Phnom Penh sentenced defendant Soeun Piseth, a 22-year-old man, to life in prison and a 80 million riel fine to be paid into the state budget. He was found guilty of the illegal storage, transportation, and cross-border trafficking of more than 3 kg of methamphetamine.

Authorities confirmed that on November 3, 2020, the specialized force (A8) of the Department of Anti-Drug Crimes, in cooperation with the Phnom Penh Police Force, investigated and cracked down on this drug case in Chroy Changva district. Authorities arrested Soeun Piseth and confiscated more than 3 kilograms of drugs that were trafficked across the border from Laos to Cambodia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

He must have been a major dealer to be carrying scales! What are readers opinions? Could a 22 year old afford such an amount of drugs, did he have a background of being a big earner of such wealth or was it a build up from past drug dealing. To many questions to my mind. You would think the specialized force of such drug crimes would be asking such questions, or is he just one more fall guy to keep public, and the media at bay knowing drug dealers and mules are being arrested on the todays war of drugs.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:16 pm He must have been a major dealer to be carrying scales! What are readers opinions? Could a 22 year old afford such an amount of drugs, did he have a background of being a big earner of such wealth or was it a build up from past drug dealing. To many questions to my mind. You would think the specialized force of such drug crimes would be asking such questions, or is he just one more fall guy to keep public, and the media at bay knowing drug dealers and mules are being arrested on the todays war of drugs.
I'd say he's a fall guy like most of the Cambodians that get caught with a kilo or more or meth. My theory :dm: (founded on my opinion only), is that the big guys are always behind the scenes, but they pay people to transport the drugs, and they also pay people to use their houses as storage spaces for drug shipments. If there is a police raid, then the little guy goes down and the cops don't look any further most of the time, because they have a suspect, a heap of drugs, and maybe a bonus and a promotion. What's not to like ? Cops are happy, drug bosses are happy, and so it goes on.

Btw, they are very small scales (see OP photo).
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The laws tactics must be working because I don't see the regular drug fuelled news stories of drug makes person crazy of late.
But for sure "moneys" are the key, well that and top corruptions, you won't see one of the big fish fall unless a bigger fish had lost something from the deal.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic