Brigadier Accused of Killing a 2Yo Baby in Fatal Accident Claims Compensation for Car Damage

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Brigadier Accused of Killing a 2Yo Baby in Fatal Accident Claims Compensation for Car Damage

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Kampong Chhnang): On November 29, 2020, Brigadier General Kang Bunthoeun, Director of the Special Military Zone, drove a car into a family motorbike, (two adults and a small child), killing a 2-year-old child at the scene at the entrance to the Regional School in Thmey village, Rolea Bier district, Kampong Chhnang province.
At the time of the incident, Brigadier General Kang Bunthoeun was driving a black Toyota Landcruiser, with license plate Phnom Penh 2M-1186, and collided with the victim's Honda Scoopy motorcycle, with license plate Phnom Penh 1GP-5864, causing the two-year-old boy to die instantly at the scene, while the father suffered a broken left leg.
Since the day of the accident on November 29, 2020 until January 8, 2021, the parents have not yet received the light of justice for the death of their child.

While the court was proceeding and the victim was waiting for "justice", information emerged that the perpetrator, a senior military officer with the rank of general, had filed a separate complaint in court, accusing the victim of riding a motorcycle and damaging his car, and he demanded $ 10,000 in compensation.

The news of the senior military official's legal charges have made the victims' families very upset, since they were the victims and have lost a beloved child in the blink of an eye.
What clearly shows that this military officer is the perpetrator is the picture taken at the scene, confirming that the car of military officer Kang Bunthoeun drove into the right lane of the victim without right of way. Kang Bunthoeun was the one who caused the accident by turning left across the road without paying attention.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Brigadier Accused of Killing a 2Yo Baby in Fatal Accident Claims Compensation for Car Damage

Post by Yobbo »

I hope the General will be kind enough to drop the $10,000, had no idea that Toyota model was worth so much!
RIP very sad.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Brigadier Accused of Killing a 2Yo Baby in Fatal Accident Claims Compensation for Car Damage

Post by Chad Sexington »

Yobbo wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:12 am I hope the General will be kind enough to drop the $10,000, had no idea that Toyota model was worth so much!
RIP very sad.
At 10 grand that’s a very expensive bumper. Note the indicator is already busted out and repaired with parcel tape, perhaps he’s waiting on settlement on a previous compensation claim for several thousand dollars to replace the lens (I know, I shouldn’t make light of such a serious incident)
There is so much fucked up with this scenario, not least of all riding fours up on a bike with two very young children and one helmet between them ( worn by one of the adults of course), but for the General to claim compensation from a bereaved family for an accident that appears to be caused by him driving on the wrong side of the road is disgraceful.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Let's hope that the Prime Minister reads CEO and publicly berates and deflates this guys self-importance.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Just look at the guy's face and you know you are dealing with a total cnut.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:07 am
Yobbo wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:12 am I hope the General will be kind enough to drop the $10,000, had no idea that Toyota model was worth so much!
RIP very sad.

There is so much fucked up with this scenario, not least of all riding fours up on a bike with two very young children and one helmet between them ( worn by one of the adults of course),
Moto's are the only mode of transport for most Khmers don't forget 90% are still living on the bread line, it's getting a bit like in the western counties with so many idiots driving big cars around now it's becoming unsafe to be on a bike sadly,
Total cnut wanting them to fix his car
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

hanno wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:27 am Just look at the guy's face and you know you are dealing with a total cnut.
And that hat would fit a conehead
You’ll have to google the cone heads , take note of Connie

https://www.google.com.kh/search?q=conn ... =802&dpr=2
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

The best defense is offense! File a complaint acting as if you believe you did nothing wrong.
Yet it amazes me how such a spineless cruel coward of a man could be the director of a Cambodian Special Military Zone :shock:
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:07 am There is so much fucked up with this scenario, not least of all riding fours up on a bike with two very young children and one helmet between them ( worn by one of the adults of course)
I absolutely disagree! While that is fucked up it IS most CERTAINLY the least fucked up thing about this sickening example of depravity and greed!

I feel ill.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Yobbo wrote:The best defense is offense! File a complaint acting as if you believe you did nothing wrong.
Yet it amazes me how such a spineless cruel coward of a man could be the director of a Cambodian Special Military Zone :shock:
File a complaint? So the complaint goes to the director of the Cambodian Military Zone to determine if he’s in the wrong?

This is Cambodia. It’s all about differences in power. The spineless cruel coward obviously played his political cards correctly to be where he is. Sadly, only Ironman can address any imbalances.

I hope there is justice at the end. But it wouldn’t count on it.

Best case to wish for. Director publicly shows his generosity and drops his $10,000 claim.

Best best case. Director is forced to pay for funeral costs and moto replacement. Publicly out of the goodness of his heart, of course.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic