Father Arrested for Violence After Girl Posts "Please Help My Sister"

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Father Arrested for Violence After Girl Posts "Please Help My Sister"

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Svay Rieng): On September 21, 2020, a man who abused his daughter cruelly, in Bavet city, Svay Rieng, was arrested and sent to Bavet police station for questioning.

According to a social media account named Bee Nang Sad, on September 21, 2020, " please police help my sister get justice. My father always caused trouble for the family. After drinking, he attacked his wife and children until they decided to leave the family. Now, he attacked my sister, which I couldn't help because I am a girl. So I could only take this video for evidence. Please help my sister. Was his action deserved to be as a father? Please help me. "

Mr, Em Sovannareth, Bavet inspector said that was happened a week ago in Bavet city. The police went to the man's house on September 20, 2020, at 10 pm, but he wasn't there.

WARNING: Violent photos
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Father Arrested for Violence After Girl Posts "Please Help My Sister"

Post by John Bingham »

It looks like he bashed her head on the floor? That last picture is like a still from a horror movie. Poor girl, I hope she can get away from him.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

I've placed the video on the darknet forum. Warning; it is violent.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Svay Rieng man in court for beating up daughter
Kim Sarom | Publication date 22 September 2020 | 22:56 ICT
A man accused of beating his 16-year-old daughter unconscious was sent to the Svay Rieng Provincial Court on Tuesday.

Police said the father was drunk and beat his daughter on September 13 in Thmey village, Chrork Mtesh commune, in Bavet town, for using her phone late at night.

Bavet town deputy police chief in charge of criminal offences Kao Horn named the suspect as Chan Chamroeun, 44.

“I have sent the father to the Svay Rieng Provincial Serious Crimes Bureau, and the police are taking further action,” Horn said.

Svay Rieng deputy police chief in charge of criminal offences Koy Sopheap could not be reached for comment.

Horn said although the assault took place on September 13, the daughter didn’t file a complaint to the police.

It was until she posted on Facebook that he was shocked and ordered officers to search for the suspect and arrest him on Monday.

Svay Rieng provincial police serious crime bureau chief Kim Lay said on Tuesday that the suspect was sent to the provincial court because he had used violence against his child.

“He educated his daughter, but he beat her until unconscious and used too much violence. He must not do that ever again,” Lay said.

A Bavet town police official in Chrork Mtesh commune who did not want to be named said the father was living with his three daughters, while the suspect’s wife left him to work in Phnom Penh.

The officer described the suspect as a heavy drinker who caused conflicts and often used violence against his wife and children.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... g-daughter

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Svay Rieng provincial police serious crime bureau chief Kim Lay said on Tuesday that the suspect was sent to the provincial court because he had used violence against his child.

“He educated his daughter, but he beat her until unconscious and used too much violence. He must not do that ever again,” Lay said.
:facepalm: Sounds like they will let him out with a slap on the wrist to continue his daughters' "education". Holy fk.
Somebody needs to step up and protect these kids. :please: Family, social welfare, CPU ?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Breaking News, Svay Rieng: Svay Rieng Provincial Court has sentenced a man to three years in prison for abusing his daughter in Bavet City. This is according to Mr. Kham Sophary, Svay Rieng Provincial Prosecutor, speaking to the media on the morning of September 24, 2020.

Mr. Kham Sophary emphasized that in this case, the court proceeded to appear immediately and sentenced the sentence to three years imprisonment and detention by virtue of the verdict, not by warrant.

Mr. Kham Sophary continued that the prosecution charged the man with intentional violence under Article 219 of the Penal Code.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:21 pm Cambodia Breaking News, Svay Rieng: Svay Rieng Provincial Court has sentenced a man to three years in prison for abusing his daughter in Bavet City. This is according to Mr. Kham Sophary, Svay Rieng Provincial Prosecutor, speaking to the media on the morning of September 24, 2020.

Mr. Kham Sophary emphasized that in this case, the court proceeded to appear immediately and sentenced the sentence to three years imprisonment and detention by virtue of the verdict, not by warrant.

Mr. Kham Sophary continued that the prosecution charged the man with intentional violence under Article 219 of the Penal Code.
That's a bit more like it. Maybe he will die in prison of dysentery and the family can have their home back.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Good news in a nasty case. I thought it unlikely he would get off lightly after pissing of the Deputy Chief of Police. Mr Khao Horn should be commended for his prompt and efficient action. The police are not always as bad as they are painted and are remarkably efficient when sufficiently motivated.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Some one was commenting on the fact there was not enough good news stories in Cambodia....

I think the swiftness of justice being served in this case goes some way to alleviating that discrepancy.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

IraHayes wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 pm Some one was commenting on the fact there was not enough good news stories in Cambodia....

I think the swiftness of justice being served in this case goes some way to alleviating that discrepancy.
Hopefully there is some adult support for this dudes daughters now he's banged up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic