American ADLER​ STEAWART​ ROSS and British DAVID CHARLES​ Arrested for No Passport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American ADLER​ STEAWART​ ROSS and British DAVID CHARLES​ Arrested for No Passport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On February 15, at 08:20 pm, The police of the Department of Investigations and Procedures of the Immigration Department, received two foreigners at Psar Kandal police post for the disturbance in public and had no passport. They seemed to have a mental illness.

Lieutenant Chea Chettra, Director of the Department of Investigations and Procedures said the two foreigners were identified as DAVID CHARLES, a 52 years old British man, and ADLER STEAWART ROSS, a 64-year-old an American. They were sent to the Immigration Department to follow legal actions.

ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American ADLER​ STEAWART​ ROSS and British DAVID CHARLES​ Arrested for No Passport

Post by Brody »

So this makes 3 expats total in the news today where it says they had no passport.

I find it hard to believe that all of these guys have lost their passports.

Do Cambodian police know that most expats don't go about their days with their passports shoved in the front pocket of their chinos?

What if someone were to run afoul of a policeman and he shouts at you, "Give me your passport." and you say that it is not on you, it's at home. Are you then arrested?

I carry a photocopy of all my passport info/visa shit in my wallet, but I could easily envisage a Cambodian policeman laughing that off regardless.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American ADLER​ STEAWART​ ROSS and British DAVID CHARLES​ Arrested for No Passport

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I think the American isn't happy on account of not receiving a can of coke like the Brit.

Just like all deaths in KOW are caused by heart attack, it seems causing a disturbance is caused by mental illness. :facepalm:

What does one have to do exactly to cause a disturbance? :unknown:

And no passport? As Brody said..
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Did only one of them get Coke or both? Please CEO news ask the right questions
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Half a can each. The yank has his in a cup..................
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:51 pm I think the American isn't happy on account of not receiving a can of coke like the Brit.

Just like all deaths in KOW are caused by heart attack, it seems causing a disturbance is caused by mental illness. :facepalm:

What does one have to do exactly to cause a disturbance? :unknown:

And no passport? As Brody said..
Mental illness are code words for being methamphetamine junkies!
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

They got the first picture wrong, should be this one....
pebbles&nightsky
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Brody wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:45 pm So this makes 3 expats total in the news today where it says they had no passport.

I find it hard to believe that all of these guys have lost their passports.

Do Cambodian police know that most expats don't go about their days with their passports shoved in the front pocket of their chinos?

What if someone were to run afoul of a policeman and he shouts at you, "Give me your passport." and you say that it is not on you, it's at home. Are you then arrested?

I carry a photocopy of all my passport info/visa shit in my wallet, but I could easily envisage a Cambodian policeman laughing that off regardless.
This. The other American has only been here since the 2nd of February so he is not overstaying his visa. And three foreigners in one day without passports? Highly unlikely.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

According to the rules, are you supposed to have your passport on you at all times?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Three westerners detained at Psar Kandal police post in 2 days - sounds like something going on. Maybe they are cleaning up St 172 ? Pass by the minimarts and there's usually a foreigner sitting outside talking to himself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic