More threats from Min.of immigration re: work permits.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

More threats from Min.of immigration re: work permits.

Post by taabarang »

I know some long term posters on this forum are tired of my harping on the issue but while all of us are in the dark, especially retirees and maybe foreign students studying Cambodian, the whip keeps getting cracked without any clarification who should receive the lashes and who should escape unscathed.
Here is the latest threat please go to:http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/p ... ks-workers
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
BOFH
Expatriate

Re: More threats from Min.of immigration re: work permits.

Post by BOFH »

One way would be to invalidate the visas. The fee for overstaying the visa is, unless it's changed, $5 a day. Perhaps that is what they are doing.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Since lucid statements from the ministries of labor and immigration are so vague, I hesitate to say you are wrong. But I think it is in addition to visa penalties since the work permit is specifically mentioned.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

If the work permit becomes a dependency of a valid visa after a certain amount of time then, I can't believe I'm saying this, it makes sense to invalidate the visa and impose the penalty for remaining in the country without a valid visa.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

WTF:::::

“After the census campaign, we will implement the procedures of fine for immigrants who stay beyond the visa, who do not have a work permit, and who do not have a passport,”
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

making sense and being greedy are separate issues.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

So, phukettrichard, what exactly does that mean. WTF back to you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

read what they said;
i didn't say it , the goverment official did

and stop sending me notes to stay off YOUR THREAD

this is a public forum.
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

As other posters may gather, fuckeduprich and I don't get along. I am trying to solicit useful answers or suggestions not childish prattle. Pay no attention to our shit slinging, but feel free to contribute freely and knowledgeably if possible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic