RIP PAUL GEOFFREY HAND

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

RIP PAUL GEOFFREY HAND

Post by bossho »

Has anyone seen or heard news of a foreign man dying last evening? I lack a proper computer at the moment and my smart phone searches have been fruitless.

Paul Calibre (last name sourced from Facebook)apparently died last night of a heart attack, he appeared to be in good condition and was about 54 years of age. He was not a close friend but I appreciated what I did know of him. I was not alone in respecting him. He is said to have died in his apartment in the O' Russey market area, in the evening hours of the 3rd.

I heard this sad news while walking on street 51 at Sorya mall from friends of Paul's at about 3 am. Their source was a police M P that knew Paul also.

I'm really curious about this one. Paul was one of the good guys. My condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Foreigner death

Post by General Mackevili »

bossho wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:35 am Has anyone seen or heard news of a foreign man dying last evening? I lack a proper computer at the moment and my smart phone searches have been fruitless.

Paul Calibre (last name sourced from Facebook)apparently died last night of a heart attack, he appeared to be in good condition and was about 54 years of age. He was not a close friend but I appreciated what I did know of him. I was not alone in respecting him. He is said to have died in his apartment in the O' Russey market area, in the evening hours of the 3rd.

I heard this sad news while walking on street 51 at Sorya mall from friends of Paul's at about 3 am. Their source was a police M P that knew Paul also.

I'm really curious about this one. Paul was one of the good guys. My condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace.
Haven't seen anything yet, but condolences if so.

Is this the Paul that you assume died?

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Yes, it is. Please note: his death apparently took place on the fourth not on the third.

Thank you
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

It's unfortunately true. And it sounds like he left behind a Cambodian girlfriend and daughter back in Australia. RIP. Details coming soon. His name was Paul Geoffrey Hand, from Bangor, New South Wales, Australia.

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Damn, I used to see him out running quite a bit.

I thought he was Steve Moorish tbh.

You just never know when your time is up. Take each day as it comes and make the moments count. :(

RIP
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

I knew him well. He will be sadly missed.
peter.sinclair
Tourist

Post by peter.sinclair »

Oh this is terrible.

I met Paul many times over the years.

He was always good for a chat. He often gushed about his daughter.

Like the passport says, he was sixty years old. He would probably be quite chuffed that someone mistook him for age 54.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Condolences to Friends and Family.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RIP PAUL GEOFFREY HAND

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On February 4, 2021, at 10:30 pm, a 60-year-old Australian man, PAUL GEOFFREY HAND, passed away at his home in street 63, Sangkat Psar Thmie 3, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
According to the deceased's girlfriend, Ngov Sothy, 35 years old, on February 4, 2021, at 10:30 pm, when she went out to pick up some money in Sangkat Psar Thmie 3, the victim called her to say he wasn't feeling well, so she ran home. When she arrived, he was suffering. She tried to help him, but he passed away.

The victim's girlfriend said she and her boyfriend had lived together for 10 years already. They had a 7-year-old daughter, and she lives in Australia. The two haven't married yet. The victim had told her that he had heart disease.
The local police informed the prosecutor, who called in the scientific-technical police, the criminal police, the Immigration Department, and the autopsy teams to examine the body at the scene. After the examination, Dr. Norng Sovannaroth, the technical officer, concluded that the victim had died of a heart attack.

The body was taken to keep at the mortuary of Teuk Thlar pagoda. Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kiwi
Tourist
New Zealand

Re: RIP PAUL GEOFFREY HAND

Post by Kiwi »

Yes Paul was my cousin and his family are trying to find out what happened.
Last edited by Kiwi on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic