Sorcerer Arrested for Raping a Mentally Disabled Woman

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sorcerer Arrested for Raping a Mentally Disabled Woman

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Prey Veng): On January 3, 2020, a 69-year-old man, Meas Moeun, a sorcerer, was arrested for raping a 25-year-old woman who is mentally handicapped, in Sang Antong district, Prey Veng.

The victim's mother, Yong Yon, 47 years old, said her daughter has mental problems and remains like a child, so she took her to the sorcerer to get a water blessing. Then, the sorcerer told her daughter to lay down, and he touched her. One day, the sorcerer told the woman and her husband to go outside and take some magic items to bury away in the ground about 200 meters from the house and stay there for a while. This, he said, could help make the bad spirit leave the daughter's body.

When the mother came back, she saw the sorcerer had lipstick all over his face, and her daughter's hair was messy, but she didn't get suspicious about any sexual behavior because she thought that the suspect was too old for that. After that, the suspect came to her house very often. Then on January 2, 2020, the suspect told her to go and pick flowers some way away from her house. He stayed in the house with the victim, and when she came back home, she saw the suspect was having sex with her daughter. The woman then asked him why he had sex with her daughter, and the suspect replied that he " needed to have sex with the girl to chase the bad spirit out of her body."

On January 3, the sorcerer came to their house again. So then,(finally),the victim's mother decided to file a complaint to arrest the suspect; and the police are preparing the case to submit it to court.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sorcerer Arrested for Raping a Mentally Disabled Woman

Post by DaveG »

"had lipstick all over his face". Bit of a give away really, and then kept sending them away from the house, ffs you couldn't make it up !!!!

Im gonna have to try the " Chase bad spirits away" line next time I am down beach road, might save me a 1000 Baht. :dragonchase:

PS, How come this sort of shit never happens to me.....

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Im gonna have to try the " Chase bad spirits away" line next time I am down beach road, might save me a 1000 Baht. :dragonchase:

For fucks sake, can you not have a bit of decorum? You are saying you would like to rape a retarded woman? Sort yourself out mate, that's gross.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:12 pm

For fucks sake, can you not have a bit of decorum? You are saying you would like to rape a retarded woman? Sort yourself out mate, that's gross.

Put the bottle down JB, you read it wrong, it was a joke about beach road, nothing to do with rape or anyone with special needs,

"How come this sort of shit never happens to me." (Sorcerer) The photo!!!
( PS we do not use the term retard anymore) it's offensive .
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

DaveG wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:12 pm

Put the bottle down JB, you read it wrong, it was a joke about beach road, nothing to do with rape or anyone with special needs, ( PS we do not use the term retard anymore) it's offensive .
Oh sorry, I mistook you for someone who would make a joke about hookers in Pattaya (?) on a thread about some creep raping a mentally retarded woman. Sorry for offending your sensibilities. Toodle pip.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Change the name, change the perception.

Alternative way to call him : "sorcerer", "grandpa mumbling meaningless stuff to get one's money", "abusive prick", "rapist"......If the newspaper still call him a sorcerer (and why not capital S while they're at it, huh ?), well, they don't do anything to change people's mind, except reporting it.

Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

He did the "unspeakable and now is a less than human animal" as the eternal traveler would say.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I met some of these guys over the years. They are usually ex-monks who have gone on their own path. Sorcerer isn't really a good translation, they are more known as Kru or teachers. The term sorcerer is usually reserved for Chams/ Viets who put the poison bark in the stomach etc. I'm not exactly convinced by any of this.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Isaanbarang wrote:He did the "unspeakable and now is a less than human animal" as the eternal traveler would say.
Not even close. What he did was awful and I hope he is punished to the fullest extent of the law.
My heart goes out to the victim and her family and hope they recover.

But I thought this country killed suspected sorcerers and witch doctors?
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:23 am
Isaanbarang wrote:He did the "unspeakable and now is a less than human animal" as the eternal traveler would say.
Not even close. What he did was awful and I hope he is punished to the fullest extent of the law.
My heart goes out to the victim and her family and hope they recover.

But I thought this country killed suspected sorcerers and witch doctors?
So the unspeakable crime that turns you into less than human is worse than raping a mentally handicap? Is it also an unwritable crime? How do people know not to do it if it can t be spoken to?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic