Girl Toddler Drowns in Bathroom Bucket Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Girl Toddler Drowns in Bathroom Bucket Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kandal): On July 12, at 6 am, a tragic accident was reported after a toddler died by drowning in a water bucket in the bathroom in Anlong village, Kandal. The victim was identified as Sitha Nika, a 1-year-old girl. Her parents are aged 24 and 25.

Before the incident, the victim's mother was watching her child play inside the house, then she saw her go outside to play. A while later, the victim was missing, and her mother searched around the house to find her.
A neighbor named Chey Sreyoun, who came to help with the search, found the victim floating in the water bucket in her bathroom. The little girl was sent to the hospital, but she was already dead.

After the examination, the police concluded that the victim died of drowning. The body was returned to the family for funeral preparation. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Girl Toddler Drowns in Bathroom Bucket Accident

Post by rozzieoz »

Oh my god, how horrific for the family!

RIP little poppet :(
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Terrible tragedy. It's not too difficult to work out how it happened either. Toddler goes to the bucket, becomes fascinated with the water, somehow manages to lean over the edge of the bucket too far and before you know it...

These types of water buckets seem to be in most Khmer homes to replace a flushing toilet. It never occurred to me how dangerous they could be with small kids running around. Of course it's blindingly obvious in hindsight.

RIP little one. Condolences to the family.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Asianistar
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Asianistar »

xandreu wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:44 pm Terrible tragedy. It's not too difficult to work out how it happened either. Toddler goes to the bucket, becomes fascinated with the water, somehow manages to lean over the edge of the bucket too far and before you know it...

These types of water buckets seem to be in most Khmer homes to replace a flushing toilet. It never occurred to me how dangerous they could be with small kids running around. Of course it's blindingly obvious in hindsight.

RIP little one. Condolences to the family.
Agree. I've seen many other incidents with toddlers drowning in tiny buckets or small ponds. Parents should be more careful. My neighbor lost twin girls at the same time because one of them was drowning in a small pond and the other tried to help.
Food Fun Fuck
Austman
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Austman »

Having 6 kids this was one of my greatest fears! It makes me feel sick! I hope the parents find peace and try to forget such a horrible accident!
My wife said to get one of those pills that'll give me a huge hard on for hours! I brought her back some diet pills, Now I am hiding out in Cambodia for a few years until she calms down!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic