Saudi NGO Donates to Poor and New Muslims in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Saudi NGO Donates to Poor and New Muslims in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

NGO on a mission to distribute prayer garments to Cambodian Muslims
By Esther Landau - February 9, 2019 @ 7:47pm
KUALA LUMPUR: The Saudi Arabia Embassy has donated prayer garments and materials for the poor and new Muslim converts in Cambodia through NGO Antarabangsa.

NGO Antarabangsa chief Datuk Dr Mustapha Ahmad Marican said the embassy donated a total of two thousand items of prayer garments (telekong and kain pelikat) for its upcoming welfare mission to Cambodia.

“We will distribute the donations to the poor and new Muslim converts in the rural areas of Cambodia,” said Mustapha who is also the South East Asia Welfare and Education Foundation (SEAWEED) chairman.

He expressed his gratitude to the Saudi Arabia Embassy’s Islamic Affairs adviser Sheikh Abdul Rahman M Al Herfi for his continuous support.

Meanwhile, Sheikh Abdul Rahman in his speech said he was impressed with the dedication showed by the non-organisation to the humanitarian efforts.
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2019 ... an-muslims
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Saudi NGO Donates to Poor and New Muslims in Cambodia

Post by Big'n »

And soon the cries of "Allah ackbar" were heard throughout the land.... :head shot:
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Big'n wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am And soon the cries of "Allah ackbar" were heard throughout the land.... :head shot:
So what? There are in Cambodia plenty Christian NGO's doing the same.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Big'n
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big'n »

Sidewalker wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:37 am
Big'n wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am And soon the cries of "Allah ackbar" were heard throughout the land.... :head shot:
When was the last time you saw a Christian suicide bomber?
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

What a stupid statement. :facepalm:
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Big'n wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:39 am

9/11
“If the world was a girl, I’d stick my d..k in the ground. F..k the World.”

“Borders do not make us safe rather they keep us as slaves”
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Never, but many "good Christians" who shooting people in synagogues, black churches, discotheque etc. and what to think of Timothy James McVeigh, who's car bomb killed 168 people, he was a Cristian.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

I remember when the tsunami hit Indonesia, Saudi was sending headscarfs. Like that fuckin scrafs would save them.

There was a famous Kurdish Islamic scholar, 100 years ago, who was preaching (like he said according to Quran) that first you have to protect yourself and your fam then your peolple, and religion would come later. As he claimed you can’t help anyone if you need help yourself, so first help yourself when your strong enough you can help others and your religion. I am pretty sure he would have sent food or other things which really would improve their lives. I am not religious at all. However, not all religious ppl are extremists, nonetheless I think all religious ngo should be banned.

And let me tell you one think about the Saudi family. Most moslem don’t see them as real moslem. They are just instrumentalizing Islam and use it as they like.
Last edited by DrRawBlueGreen on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrRawBlueGreen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DrRawBlueGreen »

Maybe no Christian who placed a bomb on himself, but many Christians are placing bombs on moslems and then call them Islamic terrorists. Go fuck off if you’re so blind. Taliban, al Kaida, boku haram, IS, all created by western powers. Why wasn’t there Islamic suicide bombers in former times in history. Because it’s a sin to blow up yourself in Islam, for any reason.

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

DrRawBlueGreen wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am

9/11
Please explain!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic