Rock Entertainment Center DJ Busted Selling $1000 of Ecstasy

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Rock Entertainment Center DJ Busted Selling $1000 of Ecstasy

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh's notorious Rock Entertainment Center is in the news again.

January 18, 2019
DJ tried for selling more than 100 ecstasy pills to officer

Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday tried a disc jockey who allegedly sold more than 100 ecstasy pills to an undercover police officer in the capital last year.

Judge Im Vannak identified the accused as Thach Serey Pheap, 25, a DJ with Rock Entertainment Centre in Chamkar Mon district.

He said Mr Pheap was arrested on June 11 last year and was charged with drug trafficking. He faces up to five years in jail if convicted.

Judge Vannak said that at about 9.30pm on June 11, the accused sold a big package of drugs worth $1,000 to the undercover officer in front of the entertainment centre in Tonle Basac commune.

“He was arrested red-handed after he sold the drugs to the undercover police officer in front of the Rock Entertainment Centre,” he said. “After his arrest, police seized more than 100 ecstasy pills from him.”

During yesterday’s trial, M Pheap admitted committing the offence, saying that the drugs seized from him belonged to a man named “Ing” who is at large.

He said that on the night of his arrest, he was offered about $25 by Mr Ing, a regular patron of the entertainment centre, to deliver a package to an unidentified man.

Mr Pheap said that when he was arrested, Mr Ing, who was waiting nearby on a motorbike, fled the scene and could not be contacted.

“In this case, I admit that I brought the drugs to deliver to the undercover police officer,” he told the court. “But they belonged to Mr Ing who is at large.”
“Mr Ing promised to pay me 100,000 riels for the work but I did not receive the payment because he fled,” he added.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50570218/d ... o-officer/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Rock Entertainment Center DJ Busted Selling $1000 of Ecstasy

Post by Arget »

FFS. Same lame excuse same bullshit. It is the playground of the rich kids .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic