American Expat PAUL WOODY PETREA Dies of Cancer in Battambang, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

American Expat PAUL WOODY PETREA Dies of Cancer in Battambang, Cambodia

Post by prahocalypse now »

The American Woody Paul Petrea, who had a history of violence against women, died of cancer in Battambang. He was 52 years old.

In 1992 Woody Paul Petrea was arrested for driving nearly 10 miles with his wife clinging to the luggage rack. In his defence, Petrea said he never once exceeded the speed limit during the drive.

http://www.paulpetrea.com/2012/07/paul- ... nough.html

He was allegedly deported from the Philippines for overstaying his visa (I think in 2006). He reportedly ran a mail-order bride business from the country.
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topi ... r-fiction/

The Sexpats Wall of Shame (The original wall of shame in the Philippines) website reports that he was summoned to appear in court in Cebu for beating a Filipino woman.
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=(petre ... E_zgP4HdUB

About a month ago, Woody wrote on facebook that:
Ain't looking good. Ìn major pain. Going to have second blood test tomorroe. Very weak. Can't eat much. Positive side, losing weight.
Just want to go to the farm. G'night all.
Last edited by prahocalypse now on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: American with History of Violence against Women Dies of Cancer in Battambang

Post by Duncan »

Karma is a bitch when she comes back to bite you.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: American with History of Violence against Women Dies of Cancer in Battambang

prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

I think Petrea had something to do with the livingincambodiaforums website. He is definitely known by people on the website as there is a post about his death by someone describing him as a "friend". (He was possibly one of the site's moderators and went by the name Parrot Head.)

Also, Petrea has, on occasion, been confused with the infamous Michael Taylor AKA "Mick the Pom" who was once described as a "solid bloke". This is understandable because they are both fat-headed middle-aged white guys with a history of violence against women who lived in the Philippines. Mick the Pom famously used the "I was having sex with a ladyboy on the beach at the time of the killing" defence when accused of stabbing his Thai girlfriend to death.

Mick the Pom
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I knew Paul for several years, this was a side of him i never saw. Of course, anything an ex wife says must be true.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Philippines has the toughest roughest expat community in SEA.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Top bloke.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Fits description of ugly american
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 am I knew Paul for several years, this was a side of him i never saw. Of course, anything an ex wife says must be true.
me too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic