Pakistani Man Found Dead After Solitary Suicide in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Pakistani Man Found Dead After Solitary Suicide in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap: At 10:30 am on October 22, 2018, Bhatti Kasar Mahboob, a male Pakistani national was found dead in his room in Wat Damnak Village, Salakamrek Commune, Siem Reap City.
The deceased was discovered with a white plastic bag strapped on to his head, and the victim left two hand-written suicide notes in English in his room, declaring that he was committing suicide, and expressing his wishes for last rites at the local mosque in Siem Reap.
It is obvious from the notes that the victim had thought out his suicide and planned for it. According to the police, the man died three days ago.
Currently, the body is temporarily placed at the Siem Reap Referral Hospital waiting for his family to be contacted, and for documents to be sent from the embassy. RIP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Pakistani Man Found Dead After Solitary Suicide in Siem Reap

Post by prahocalypse now »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:36 am Image
Does the dead guy want his friend to collect his laundry?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

And pay fort it.

Seriously, RIP.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

RIP Mahboob :sorry:
Don't forget the water buffalo
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Suicidal tendencies and depression among expats is a real thing. Please confide with someone if you're feeling suicidal. Even if you have no friends here.
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampoochie »

ofparadise wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm Suicidal tendencies and depression among expats is a real thing. Please confide with someone if you're feeling suicidal. Even if you have no friends here.
Would be interesting to know what percentage are just that way, through genetics, through childhood and past experiences, and how many develop suicidal impulses for the first time after becoming expats.

My money's on expats always veering a bit that way.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

personally, I've never had suicidal tendencies or depression prior. But i have to admit, the first time I had internal conversations about suicide, was after my 3rd year here. 36 yr old.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sad to hear that. I'd be pretty pissed off if I came from Pakistan too, those are the breaks though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Zhivago451
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Zhivago451 »

WTF guys really? Those are your responses? How about the fact that that is not a suicide note! I know damn well that you all have watched a shit ton of movies and tv shows enough to know that that is not even close to how a suicide note would be like. That suicide note is way to fishy. Does nobody else feel this when reading it? Also there are many ways to commit suicide if you are going to do so but asphyxiation and by a plastic bag? Suicide despite what others might think takes tremendous courage. It is not easy to snuff out your own life by no means simply because self preservation is a natural human defense. Out of all the possible ways to quickly, painlessly, and effortlessly commit suicide without the suffering of feeling yourself unable to take a final breath which is in essence torture itself, I don't believe that anyone could take their own life by holding a plastic bag over their own head until they can no longer breathe. One would get scared at the last second unable to breathe and do all they can to intake that lively breath of air again. No one period would chose a suicide like that. That sounds to me like he was murdered by someone who was able to hold the bag over his head long enough to kill him. And then the suicide note just sounds completely fabricated. There is no motive in the note as to why he wanted to die and no real meaning behind the so called mediocre message he wanted to leave his "friend" On top of that literally NO ONE would begin a suicide note as if its a business follow up letter to a job interview. "To whom it may concern..I, Kasar Mahboob hereby confirm that I am committing suicide. NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE" Like really? Who the fuck would write that but the twat that made that up to try a sad half ass attempt to turn the attention away from the obvious fact that this guy was murdered. And then they sign their own letter and date it. Suicide letters aren't signed and dated! They are usually full of details and facts of why the individual was sad and depressed and wanted to take their own life. That is not even close to being a suicide note. But I bet the police there are just dumb enough to believe it. The poor guy's life was snuffed out and nobody gives a damn enough to even look into it because oh look a suicide note that absolutely must have been written by him so let's just call it a suicide and be done with it. 100% RETARDED....I feel bad for him. My condolences....Seriously guys +1 this for anyone else who has even the slightest inkling that this shit is staged as fuck.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

A quick Google returns a few hundred hits about how to use a plastic bag to top yourself. Join Thai Visa, full of people with conspiracy theories.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic