American FRANK EFRAN WILLIAM ARCHBALD Gets Arrested for 2 Year Overstay in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American FRANK EFRAN WILLIAM ARCHBALD Gets Arrested for 2 Year Overstay in Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: A 38-year-old US national from New York, FRANK EFRAN WILLIAM ARCHBALD, was detained on 12 October, 2018, and sent to the removal centre of the deportation unit at the Department of Immigration for having overstayed his visa.

Following a report by the lieutenant Chea Kimsan, police chief at Siem Reap, the suspect was sent to the national immigration department to be deported from Cambodia, because his previous visa expired in 2016, which means that he has been staying in Cambodia illegally for twenty-six months.

UPDATE: A member of our CEO Facebook page, Matthew Hall, was there when he got arrested, and took video that he's sent to us and told us this about the American'a arrest:

"I don't know how long the police had been following him but I first saw a crowd of onlookers and police watching him as he sat in a restaurant not far from Pub Street. Eventually he walked down the road and into Miniso. The police and a crowd of people followed. And tbere was a standoff for a while. He stood outside of the shop briefly and I tried speaking with him, I asked him what was going on and why the police were trying to catch him, but he seemed intoxicated. He said he lived in Angkor and was a king, he asked if I was a Marine. He didn't make a lot of sense. Eventually he ran barefoot upstairs into an empty building to the side of Miniso, the police and some locals followed. They found him in one of the rooms and fought with them for a while before him was overwhelmed and cuffed. Then he was carried outside and into a tuktuk."

Here is the video footage:

https://youtu.be/flOs2OxwGT0
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: American FRANK EFRAN WILLIAM ARCHBALD Gets Arrested for 2 Year Overstay in Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

'REMOVAL CENTER.' :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: American FRANK EFRAN WILLIAM ARCHBALD Gets Arrested for 2 Year Overstay in Cambodia

Well, it looks and sounds like he was on drugs or something. We had a CEO Facebook member, Matthew Hall, who was there when Frank Archbald was arrested, and shared some video footage with us and told us more about what happened. Video added above.

'I don't know how long the police had been following him but I first saw a crowd of onlookers and police watching him as he sat in a restaurant not far from Pub Street. Eventually he walked down the road and into Miniso. The police and a crowd of people followed. And tbere was a standoff for a while. He stood outside of the shop briefly and I tried speaking with him, I asked him what was going on and why the police were trying to catch him, but he seemed intoxicated. He said he lived in Angkor and was a king, he asked if I was a Marine. He didn't make a lot of sense. Eventually he ran barefoot upstairs into an empty building to the side of Miniso, the police and some locals followed. They found him in one of the rooms and fought with them for a while before him was overwhelmed and cuffed. Then he was carried outside and into a tuktuk.'

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Good bloke.
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

Always makes me wonder where these guys get their money from. Obviously not working, isn't homeless and can afford a beer but won't renew a visa?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

mcam wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:24 pm Always makes me wonder where these guys get their money from. Obviously not working, isn't homeless and can afford a beer but won't renew a visa?
If they lived like us wwho would CEO turn to for subject matter?
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

taabarang wrote:
mcam wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:24 pm Always makes me wonder where these guys get their money from. Obviously not working, isn't homeless and can afford a beer but won't renew a visa?
If they lived like us wwho would CEO turn to for subject matter?
I'm pissed they kick people out for expired visas now. They almost always lead to a good story if they are allowed to stay.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

You could always not renew your visa and write a post like Yongs to keep us updated. Go on you know you want to.... =@
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Arget wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm You could always not renew your visa and write a post like Yongs to keep us updated. Go on you know you want to.... =@
CEO News is always receptive to any over-staying barangs who wish to post here about their experience of living under the radar with an expired visa, your real life experience of being arrested and photographed by Cambodian immigration police, and of course, daily life in the Cambodian Immigration detention area and the ultimate deportation to your country.
As suggested, this could also be morphed into a food blog by detainees of Cambodian immigration .

However, it's not a joke to be locked up, so if anyone has tales of expats in need who are stuck in immigration detention, then please reach out to CEO, and perhaps someone with a good heart may be available for a visit to the detention center.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Arget wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:51 pm You could always not renew your visa and write a post like Yongs to keep us updated. Go on you know you want to.... =@
As we've discussed before, no one gets rounded up just for having an expired visa. You also have to be wanted in the USA or sleeping outdoors or walking around high on drugs bothering people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic