Nigerian Arrested for Causing Public Disturbance and Confusion

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Nigerian Arrested for Causing Public Disturbance and Confusion

Post by prahocalypse now »

A 46-Year-Old Nigerian Vche Andrew Iroegbu got arrested for causing a public disturbance and confusion in Phnom Penh. He doesn't have a passport.

http://cambodiapolice.com/policekh/110242
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Nigerian Arrested for Causing Public Disturbance and Confusion

Post by Duncan »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:30 pm A 46-Year-Old Nigerian Vche Andrew Iroegbu got arrested for causing a public disturbance and confusion in Phnom Penh. He doesn't have a passport.

http://cambodiapolice.com/policekh/110242
And he doesn't have a gold watch any more on his right hand ,,,,,, Ooop's I spoke too soon.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

I have a very dim view of Nigerian men... normally associated with criminal activity and drugs in S.E.... Sorry if it sounds racist, but is unfortunate truth.

I do see though is that this sad unfortunate situation exists.... As a guy, some Khmer guy takes you on ... you take back the challenge and throw punches back... even if what you are doing right is justified, other Khmer guys come out of the shadows and take you on too. Even if the baddie is the Khmer, the locals take his side . Seems like you can not snot a Khmer, even when the khmer is the bad guy.
From experience, drop the khmer guy quickly and the others stand back.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
jmagic
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jmagic »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:43 pm I have a very dim view of Nigerian men... normally associated with criminal activity and drugs in S.E.... Sorry if it sounds racist, but is unfortunate truth.

I do see though is that this sad unfortunate situation exists.... As a guy, some Khmer guy takes you on ... you take back the challenge and throw punches back... even if what you are doing right is justified, other Khmer guys come out of the shadows and take you on too. Even if the baddie is the Khmer, the locals take his side . Seems like you can not snot a Khmer, even when the khmer is the bad guy.
And you know this how?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:43 pm I have a very dim view of Nigerian men... normally associated with criminal activity and drugs in S.E.... Sorry if it sounds racist, but is unfortunate truth.

I do see though is that this sad unfortunate situation exists....

As a guy, some Khmer guy takes you on ... you take back the challenge and throw punches back...

even if what you are doing right is justified, other Khmer guys come out of the shadows and take you on too. Even if the baddie is the Khmer, the locals take his side . Seems like you can not snot a Khmer, even when the khmer is the bad guy.

While I agree with your view of Nigerians, I think if a Khmer guy or anyone else takes you on in a challenge you should use your brains and not your fists. Better to walk away and say '' thats another one that I won.''
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

prahocalypse now wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:30 pm causing a public disturbance and confusion in Phnom Penh.
...and confusion?

Causing confusion is a crime?

I hope not...I'm sure there's not a day that goes by that I don't confuse at least 2 or 3 Cambodians.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

jmagic wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm

And you know this how?
Because in past 10 years i have had Khmer guys take me on. One with a knife. I dropped them and had mobs come at me.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Artful Dodger »

Duncan wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I do see though is that this sad unfortunate situation exists....

As a guy, some Khmer guy takes you on ... you take back the challenge and throw punches back...

even if what you are doing right is justified, other Khmer guys come out of the shadows and take you on too. Even if the baddie is the Khmer, the locals take his side . Seems like you can not snot a Khmer, even when the khmer is the bad guy.

While I agree with your view of Nigerians, I think if a Khmer guy or anyone else takes you on in a challenge you should use your brains and not your fists. Better to walk away and say '' thats another one that I won.''

Absolutely.... is always better to avoid conflict. Use your head. Like Baron Von Richtoffen said, "I am no hero. I only fought battles where I knew I could win"
kocdim
Expatriate
Fiji

Post by kocdim »

Artful Dodger wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 pm
jmagic wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:53 pm

And you know this how?
Because in past 10 years i have had Khmer guys take me on. One with a knife. I dropped them and had mobs come at me.
I dont know Khmer culture that much. BUT maybe you dont understand thier culture also. Let me give you example. If you go on Eastern Europe, Lets say Russia, and you try to mess with the wrong girl. The girl has boyfriend OR ex boyfriend. Then you will have SAME response. Bunch of guys will jump on you and bit you up. Does not matter if the girl didnt tell you. Even if the girl approached you first. I assume thats the case here. Now if there is regular problem. Lets say somebody hit you car or something like that. Then you have a argument maybe people will not involve at all. I have seen videos in Siem Reap where white guy bit up Khmer. Nobody jump. But I have seen videos where girl is involved and many Khmer jumped. Again I might be wrong. BUT my impression is, if it is girl or family issue, many people will involve. But again is not just Cambodia. Same in Eastern Europe, Middle East. Actually happen to me one time in Eastern Europe: There was girl on the balcony in a mini skirt dancing. I was passing on the bottom floor and I start looking at the girl.She was really pretty. I didnt notice that she has a HUGE bf. When He saw me looking that dude jump of the chair.(and he had 2-3 buddies next to him). I had to almost run for the exit, if I didnt do that I would end up hospital. Again I think people need to understand some culture issues. If somebody know more about this, maybe can shed more light on it.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

kocdim wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:16 pm Actually happen to me one time in Eastern Europe: There was girl on the balcony in a mini skirt dancing. I was passing on the bottom floor and I start looking at the girl.She was really pretty.
Were you looking up her skirt?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic