Man Goes Berserk and Gets Trussed Up in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Goes Berserk and Gets Trussed Up in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PHNOM PENH - 14 August 2018, a homeless man, who appears to have mental health problems, attacked bystanders and vehicles with stones on Street 592, Boeung Kok II II, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, and had to be subdued by the authorities.
He was taken away by police, but it is not known what will become of him, as there are not many longterm facilities for the mentally ill in Cambodia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Man Goes Berserk and Gets Trussed Up in Phnom Penh

Post by Barang chgout »

Meth

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:13 pm Meth
Maybe, or rice-wine or just a general breakdown. It's hard to tell what makes people crack up and then run amok. There don't seem to be as many loonies wandering the streets as there used to be but you still run into them. When I worked near Psah Dumex about 10 years ago there was a loony guy who wandered around just wearing a dirty pair of underpants. Sometimes he'd walk up and grab your drink and take a slug ( and I didn't feel like finishing it afterwards) or help himself to a few cigarettes. Other times he'd be running around the street like crazy screaming at imaginary enemies, cars and passersby. He was a fucking nuisance to be honest. One day he was gone. I asked what happened to him and the locals just said his poor suffering mother had had enough of him and he was carted off to a holding center.

The funny thing is that he re-emerged. He wanders around that area around 310/ 163 where they sell all the sugarcane juice. He's still barefoot and just wears a filthy pair of shorts, but he seems a lot more functional than before. I'm always really wary of these type of nutters but I'm glad to see this guy has improved. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:14 pm
The funny thing is that he re-emerged. He wanders around that area around 310/ 163 where they sell all the sugarcane juice. He's still barefoot and just wears a filthy pair of shorts, but he seems a lot more functional than before. I'm always really wary of these type of nutters but I'm glad to see this guy has improved. :?
Yes, good to know that there is (maybe ?) some sort of place where people come out the other side a bit better than when they went in. There are so few mental health facilities in Cambodia.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 amThere are so few mental health facilities in Cambodia.
Plenty:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic