US man arrested for child sex abuse; Siem Reap.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

US man arrested for child sex abuse; Siem Reap.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

US Man Arrested for Sexually Abusing Boy, 11
by Ouch Sony | February 27, 2017

A 79-year-old U.S. man involved in charity work with children was arrested by police in Siem Reap province last week on charges of sexually abusing an 11-year-old boy, officials said on Sunday.

Lao Lin, head of the juvenile protection office in the Interior Ministry’s anti-human trafficking department, identified the suspect as John Paul Zollbrecht.

A Facebook page of a man from Washington state with the same name says that he operates a school in Siem Reap, and that he founded a school there called Avondale, though that could not be confirmed.

Duong Thavry, head of the provincial juvenile protection unit, said the suspect did not run a proper school.

“He just helped the kids in the village study English,” she said.

Samleang Seila, director of anti-pedophile NGO APLE, said the group was tipped off by a concerned tourist about the suspect’s “ongoing relationship with underage boys.”

When the group received information that Mr. Zollbrecht had gone into a hotel room with an 11-year-old boy, they informed authorities who took the two in for questioning.
Mr. Seila said the boy’s testimony was strong enough to pursue charges of child sex abuse.
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/us-m ... 11-125808/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: US man arrested for child sex abuse; Siem Reap.

Post by General Mackevili »

Seems like he's been planning this for a couple years...

"TO MY MANY FRIENDS: JAN 6, 2016, I WILL BE RETURNING TO CAMBODIA FOR TWO MONTHS. IT WILL BE MY 8TH TRIP SINCE I
FOUNDED AVONDALE SCHOOL THERE AND PURSUE VARIOUS
OTHER CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES. I WOULD BE DELIGHTED IF YOU WOULD JOIN ME THERE FOR AS MANY WEEKS AS POSSIBLE.
THERE IS MUCH TO SEE AND DO IN CAMBODIA AND NEIGHBORING THAILAND. AIR FARES ARE REASONABLE JUST NOW. LET ME KNOW OF YOUR INTEREST AND WE'LL FINALIZE THE DETAILS.
P.S. HOTEL AND FOOD ARE VERY REASONABLE AS WELL.
"
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anon94
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Anon94 »

He went every year, he is a very sick person I lived with him for 9 years
I've always wanted to say what he was doing and what he did to me.
He went to several different countries and did the same thing, if anyone needs any information on him or about him please message me.

I hope he dies in prison

"TO MY MANY FRIENDS: JAN 6, 2016, I WILL BE RETURNING TO CAMBODIA FOR TWO MONTHS. IT WILL BE MY 8TH TRIP SINCE I
FOUNDED AVONDALE SCHOOL THERE AND PURSUE VARIOUS
OTHER CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES. I WOULD BE DELIGHTED IF YOU WOULD JOIN ME THERE FOR AS MANY WEEKS AS POSSIBLE.
THERE IS MUCH TO SEE AND DO IN CAMBODIA AND NEIGHBORING THAILAND. AIR FARES ARE REASONABLE JUST NOW. LET ME KNOW OF YOUR INTEREST AND WE'LL FINALIZE THE DETAILS.
P.S. HOTEL AND FOOD ARE VERY REASONABLE AS WELL.
"
[/quote]
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

'
John Paul Zollbrecht, of Washington state, was sentenced to one year in prison while a Cambodian man who helped facilitate the abuse, 23-year-old Nheb Sophorn, was sentenced to one and a half years.
One year is hardly an appropriate sentence.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 am
'
John Paul Zollbrecht, of Washington state, was sentenced to one year in prison while a Cambodian man who helped facilitate the abuse, 23-year-old Nheb Sophorn, was sentenced to one and a half years.
One year is hardly an appropriate sentence.
That’s deffo true, i somehow read that it was ten years, a year is a nothing, also no one would want to bumfcuk an 79 years old whitey either, wich is regrettable...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Will they count the time he has already served?

He was arrested last February. If he was in pre-trial detention, and they count that as time served, he'll be out next month.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

The way it reads is he'll do his time here and the states have a crack at him. This is what police work is really for. :hattip:
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

soup wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am The way it reads is he'll do his time here and the states have a crack at him. This is what police work is really for. :hattip:
That's not the way I read it. I read nothing about the States having 'a crack at him'. I read that there is no deportation order.
leitfaden
Expatriate
Germany

Post by leitfaden »

....just cut his dick away and throw him in a cell with some horny big boys, who will show him, what he do to this innocent children.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic