British tourist CARL KENDALL commits suicide on Koh Rong Island, Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British tourist CARL KENDALL commits suicide on Koh Rong Island, Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

30 May 2018
KOH RONG - A 39 year old British man, identified as Carl Kendall, was found dead, this morning on May 30, at his hotel at Koh Touch village on the Cambodian island of Koh Rong. He was traveling in Cambodia from Thailand on a tourist visa.
There is no apparent motive and a police autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death.

ImageImageImage

May he rest in peace and condolences to all his friends and family.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: British tourist commits suicide on Koh Rong Island, Cambodia

Post by cptrelentless »

The other two at least did it out in the jungle, saves someone having to clean up after you and pay. Hotel kind of narrows it down, there's only one there that qualifies, my nephew helped build it so I imagine it'll fall down in a couple of years. RIP, depressed man.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

i wonder if it’s the same guy who lived in thailand?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British tourist CARL KENDALL commits suicide on Koh Rong Island, Cambodia

Post by jaynewcastle »

Must be a bit more to the story you think ?
JohnLeonard
Expatriate
Somalia

Post by JohnLeonard »

Its sad, RIP.
Cat playing her favorite game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD7_GRm4xR8
Gothamvigilanty
Tourist
Singapore

Post by Gothamvigilanty »

cptrelentless wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:05 pm The other two at least did it out in the jungle, saves someone having to clean up after you and pay. Hotel kind of narrows it down, there's only one there that qualifies, my nephew helped build it so I imagine it'll fall down in a couple of years. RIP, depressed man.
How about you don't comment on something you know nothing about knob head, that's someone's father have some respect you cretin.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

some girl must have done a number on him to make him quit so young.
OR
accidental ,trying new drugs
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AmericanSteve
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by AmericanSteve »

In the month I've been on this site, I've read about 3 suicides. I'm not sure I buy it.
Why would this guy kill himself? He looks like a stud and probably exercises everyday.
He looks well fed, strong and he's only 39.

I'd be suspicious of this being called suicide.
To gladly teach and gladly learn.
Heng Heng Heng
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by Heng Heng Heng »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:29 pm 30 May 2018
KOH RONG - A 39 year old British man, identified as Carl Kendall, was found dead.
There is no apparent motive and a police autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death.
Why are we talking suicide when it could have been a heart attack? He looked pretty happy in the pictures to me, not like someone who might take their live in a few hours.
This is the voice of the Mysterons. We know that you can hear us Earthmen.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

Heng Heng Heng wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:51 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 5:29 pm 30 May 2018
KOH RONG - A 39 year old British man, identified as Carl Kendall, was found dead.
Why are we talking suicide when it could have been a heart attack? He looked pretty happy in the pictures to me, not like someone who might take their live in a few hours.
Heng Heng Heng, you are one of my favorite posters but please someone looking happy in a photo does not say anything. Depression, if that's what it was that made this young man decided he couldnt hack it any more can sneak up and grab you from the best days. He was 39 who is to say he hadn't been plagued by it for years.

I don't like to discuss my private shit here but my own brother was 40, and after a good night out, from which there were many photos of him laughing and joking he went back home and something tipped him over and he methodically after writing letters to everyone) ended his life. After 20+ years of him struggling with depression he said he had given it enough time and things had got worse for him and he couldn't deal with it any more. From the outside he had it all though, good looking, nice girlfriend, money in the bank, good job, holidays but something for him was missing. That's depression for you,

RIP to the young man. Has brought up some painful memories.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic