Bilion Dollar Ship Wreck Found

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Artful Dodger
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bilion Dollar Ship Wreck Found

Post by Artful Dodger »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/96 ... n-colombia
'Holy grail of shipwrecks' DISCOVERED: Robot finds £12.6 BILLION haul of treasure
A SPANISH galleon hauling a treasure of gold and silver worth £12.6 billion, that sank to the bottom of the Caribbean Sea over 300 years ago, has been found with the help of an underwater autonomous robot.

-----

The above article does not of course relate to Cambodia, but reminds me of a British (expat) dive master I met in SHV about a month ago. He told me of a WW2 wreck found off Koh Rong that was a Japanese freight ship, according to him, in shallow water and was identified as a freight ship from Malaysia and heading back to Japan. He told me he was in talks with the Cambo Government trying to secure some salvage rights. He said freight from Malaysia to Japan at that time could only possibly be carrying metals which he said could only be copper or gold. He said if only copper it was still worth millions.
Water quenches the thirst, alcohol releases the truth.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bilion Dollar Ship Wreck Found

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:26 pm https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/96 ... n-colombia
'Holy grail of shipwrecks' DISCOVERED: Robot finds £12.6 BILLION haul of treasure
A SPANISH galleon hauling a treasure of gold and silver worth £12.6 billion, that sank to the bottom of the Caribbean Sea over 300 years ago, has been found with the help of an underwater autonomous robot.

-----

The above article does not of course relate to Cambodia, but reminds me of a British (expat) dive master I met in SHV about a month ago. He told me of a WW2 wreck found off Koh Rong that was a Japanese freight ship, according to him, in shallow water and was identified as a freight ship from Malaysia and heading back to Japan. He told me he was in talks with the Cambo Government trying to secure some salvage rights. He said freight from Malaysia to Japan at that time could only possibly be carrying metals which he said could only be copper or gold. He said if only copper it was still worth millions.
I call fake news, they woulda found most wrecks searching for MH 370
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I have a old map which shows where another shipwreck is . It is estimated at having Billions of dollars worth of gold, silver and jewelry on board . All I need is a few hundred thousand dollars to undertake further research, or I am open to offers from persons wanting to buy this map.

This is a once in a lifetime offer and will end on Saturday.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Artful Dodger wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:26 pm
newsworthy/50yo-shipwreck-discovered-of ... 19591.html
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:28 pm
Artful Dodger wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:26 pm https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/96 ... n-colombia

-----

I call fake news, they woulda found most wrecks searching for MH 370

I've got a hunch they weren't looking for MH370 in the Caribbean Sea.

:facepalm:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Damn! Now we know where it is!

Sneaky, set course for Malacca, zip over to the Caribbean...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic