2 Suspected Drug Traffickers Arrested in Sihanoukville

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2 Suspected Drug Traffickers Arrested in Sihanoukville

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia: Two drug traffickering suspects were arrested on 10 Jan, 2015 at The Power House Guesthouse which is located at group 8 village numbers 3 and village number 4, Sihanoukville.

One 70 year old British national reported as "David Reder" and a Cambodian national reported as "Lim Sarin," 32 year old female.

Police found white powder and some paraphernalia.

Not only is he in trouble with the police for drugs, the fashion police also stopped by and charged him with wearing stupid shorts. If convicted he could be forced to spend $20 on a real pair of shorts, and it's almost certain he will be convicted.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: 2 Suspected Drug Traffickers Arrested in Sihanoukville

Post by StroppyChops »

The singlet clashes with the shorts - surely you'd match that top with the Union Jack?

Also, how does the guesthouse choose which 24 hours in the week to provide security?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

That's a lot of illegal equipment they were caught with [ in the photo. ] A phone, half a dozen cigi lighters, 2 note books , cans of deodorant or hair spray and looks like a packet of pretzel potato chips. Cops wont make much money selling off their possessions.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I know this guy (Snowy) and I would put money on that he doesn't use drugs. Drinks a lot of beer, but drugs no way! He has been hanging around with some ice-whores though and they have been sucking money from him. A mutual friend said that Snowy cut the whores off from his money and it looks like one of them set him up. One of the ice-whores probably got busted and dropped a dime on Snowy to get out of jail. Totally bogus arrest (him not her)

Interestingly I see handcuffs on the ice-whore, but none on Snowy (Dave.) He couldn't outrun anyone anyway. The cops realize what's going on and are just looking for money as usual and pissed that PP cops busted some ice people last month in their territory or the PP didn't get enough money from the last setup/bust.

Ice-whores and the like that use the stuff are usually very jumpy and all over the place when you talk to them. Snowy on the other hand is very laid-back, never agitated, jumpy, or the fourty-yard jump/stare of a user. I would bet any amount of money that he was so laid back (and being lead around by the dumbstick) that he let the ice-whores use him, his place and his money No money, no honey.

Once again the cops in Cambodia are a bunch of useless sacks of sh*t. (almost as bad as US thugs/police) Anyone recognize the uniforms on these dirtbags? PP police or Snooky/local? They should be the ones doing the purp-walk.

I usually don't deal with my embassy very much, but I am filing a complaint to be put in travelers alerts that Cambo police are now planting evidence and setting foreigners up to extort money.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Sailorman wrote:I know this guy (Snowy) and I would put money on that he doesn't use drugs. Drinks a lot of beer, but drugs no way! He has been hanging around with some ice-whores though and they have been sucking money from him. A mutual friend said that Snowy cut the whores off from his money and it looks like one of them set him up. One of the ice-whores probably got busted and dropped a dime on Snowy to get out of jail. Totally bogus arrest (him not her)

Interestingly I see handcuffs on the ice-whore, but none on Snowy (Dave.) He couldn't outrun anyone anyway. The cops realize what's going on and are just looking for money as usual and pissed that PP cops busted some ice people last month in their territory or the PP didn't get enough money from the last setup/bust.

Ice-whores and the like that use the stuff are usually very jumpy and all over the place when you talk to them. Snowy on the other hand is very laid-back, never agitated, jumpy, or the fourty-yard jump/stare of a user. I would bet any amount of money that he was so laid back (and being lead around by the dumbstick) that he let the ice-whores use him, his place and his money No money, no honey.

Once again the cops in Cambodia are a bunch of useless sacks of sh*t. (almost as bad as US thugs/police) Anyone recognize the uniforms on these dirtbags? PP police or Snooky/local? They should be the ones doing the purp-walk.

I usually don't deal with my embassy very much, but I am filing a complaint to be put in travelers alerts that Cambo police are now planting evidence and setting foreigners up to extort money.
Honestly, your version sounds like it's probably correct.

As Duncan pointed out, they caught him with a can of Pringles potato chips, HP Sauce and 4 lighters.

Hardly looks like what anyone would call a drug-trafficking bust.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Agreed. The whole thing seems off. And the cops usually like to take pictures of EVERYTHING illegal they caught the perp with. He's got virtually nothing illegal there as far as I can tell.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

some other ppl on the sv fb group are saying similar.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Agreed. The whole thing seems off. And the cops usually like to take pictures of EVERYTHING illegal they caught the perp with. He's got virtually nothing illegal there as far as I can tell.
Yeah, don't see much in the photo that looks illegal.

(Except maybe those shorts ...)

Let's hope he doesn't get stitched up. Is he still in jail?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Agreed. The whole thing seems off. And the cops usually like to take pictures of EVERYTHING illegal they caught the perp with. He's got virtually nothing illegal there as far as I can tell.....
Here's a close-up of the table:

You can clearly see a couple of pipes (drug-paraphernalia is illegal), and quite a few bags of ice.
he let the ice-whores use him, his place and his money
If that's true, it's also illegal to allow your place to be used as a drug-den.
I have no idea whether he knew about this or not -but room was rented in his name so he can be legally be charged with a number of offenses.
The cops realize what's going on and are just looking for money as usual and pissed that PP cops busted some ice people last month in their territory or the PP didn't get enough money from the last setup/bust......Anyone recognize the uniforms on these dirtbags? PP police or Snooky/local?

They are gendarmerie, a paramilitary force that is part of the military and has a wider jurisdiction than most police. They have powers to arrest other police, army or civilians. They could be locally-based, or sometimes sent down from central HQ to avoid tipping off local police who could be working with drug dealers.
Embassies are extremely unlikely to get involved in cases where their citizens have been caught with illegal drugs. Hopefully he'll be able to walk free if he is innocent, the woman in the picture definitely looks more like a drug-user than he does.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Another couple arrested today on trafficking charges.

This couple seems more serious. They have several phones and even a watch, which I'm sure is used to make sure distributions are on schedule.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic