Dutch Pedophile Joseph Marie Rienards Arrested in Thailand After Illegally Entering the Country from Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Dutch Pedophile Joseph Marie Rienards Arrested in Thailand After Illegally Entering the Country from Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The Netherlands man arrested in Jomtien on Sunday for abusing little boys has told Chonburi cops that he bribed a border official.

The immigration chief in Surin has promised a full investigation.

Rennard, 69, was on a one year blacklist but managed to get into the country through the Chong Jorm border checkpoint in Surin.

Police are saying he is a key player in a child sex ring.

Chief of Surin immigration Pol Col Charnchai Chaokasem spoke to a reporter over the phone later and defended the crossing saying that it implemented strict measures that resulted in 56 people on warrants being stopped last year and 27 already in 2018.

He said that there was no record of Joseph Marie Rienards entering Thailand in Surin. But he admitted that he had tried to pass the crossing in May 2017 but was turned back as he was blacklisted. He had clearly been in Cambodia.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Dutch Pedophile Joseph Marie Rienard Arrested in Thailand After Illegally Entering the Country from Cambodia

Post by Gardiguy »

3 different names in this article. Correct name is Joseph Marie Rienards. Also, it seems he is wanted in Surin for murders of his girlfriend's mother and brother. Nice guy
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Dutch Pedophile Joseph Marie Rienard Arrested in Thailand After Illegally Entering the Country from Cambodia

Post by Gardiguy »

And an article with his unblurred photo in it
http://mobile.dudasite.com/site/chiang ... kh%2F#2565Image
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dutch Pedophile Joseph Marie Rienards Arrested in Thailand After Illegally Entering the Country from Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Dutchman faces six counts of charge related to child prostitution
Six charges have been lodged against a 69-year old Dutchman and his 19-year old Thai accomplice caught by police at a Pattaya hotel as they arranged three underaged Thai boys for two undercover foreign agents posing as customers.

The charges against Rienards Marie Joseph and Kolatorn Panya include human trafficking in procuring youngsters aged between 15-18 for prostitution; procuring or convincing others to engage in prostitution with or without their consent; procuring youngsters aged between 15-18 to engage in prostitution; and promoting youngsters to behave in a way which will put them at risk of committing an offence and exploitation of youngsters for their vested interests.

Police said that an additional charge of illegal entry had also been filed against the Dutchman.
http://thethailandtoday.com/lifestyle/d ... today-com/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dutch Pedophile Joseph Marie Rienards Arrested in Thailand After Illegally Entering the Country from Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

That’s 4 nonces caught in two days, makes one wonder about the actual amount of them in Cambodia...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote:That’s 4 nonces caught in two days, makes one wonder about the actual amount of them in Cambodia...
This one was in Thailand but your point stands, I think a significant percent manage to hide themselves in amongst the "regular" sexpats, picking off the younger girls from the bars, especially in PP. I know of at least 2 girls that have been working in 2 well known "hostess" bars that have been working in them since 16. I know this because I asked what year they were born and how long they had been working there, in separate conversations, lots of Khmer aren't good at basic math lol. For the record the 2 bars are owned by the same group and its not youngwills group.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

Gardiguy wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:32 pm
Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote:That’s 4 nonces caught in two days, makes one wonder about the actual amount of them in Cambodia...
This one was in Thailand but your point stands, I think a significant percent manage to hide themselves in amongst the "regular" sexpats, picking off the younger girls from the bars, especially in PP. I know of at least 2 girls that have been working in 2 well known "hostess" bars that have been working in them since 16. I know this because I asked what year they were born and how long they had been working there, in separate conversations, lots of Khmer aren't good at basic math lol. For the record the 2 bars are owned by the same group and its not youngwills group.

I mainly agree with you, but SR seems the main hub according to the arrests made there during the past 7 years or so. Surely it happens in PP as well, and prolly in about all the other provinces as well unfortunately...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I wonder why SR is the hub?

Organised suppliers?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:34 pm

I mainly agree with you, but SR seems the main hub according to the arrests made there during the past 7 years or so. Surely it happens in PP as well, and prolly in about all the other provinces as well unfortunately...
Siem Reap is very transient so probably appeals to these people. It seems an awful lot of pedos who are into little boys rather than girls reside in the area, there have been quite a few high-profile cases over the past few years. They seem to often involve very well-heeled individuals. For a small city with a tiny expat population it seems to pop up a lot in the news. Someone should go up there and investigate this racket.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gardiguy
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Gardiguy »

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote:

Anecdotal, but when I was in koh Kong I was offered what looked like 13 - 14 year olds by a moto dop. Unfortunately I was too drunk to remember where exactly we had driven to the next day. I think it stands out more in the smaller centers per capita and that most wouldn't expect it. I remember Thailand a few years ago putting out a warning to smaller towns and villages that it wasn't normal for an older western man to take lots of notice in young children.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic