Suspect confesses to Phnom Penh double shooting

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Suspect confesses to Phnom Penh double shooting

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

4 March 2018
PHNOM PENH. The major suspect in a shooting in Phnom Penh on the night of the 26 February has confessed to police. The suspect has admitted to firing a series of shots at two people with a Beretta handgun, while they were sitting in their car outside their rental house in Sen Sok district.
The shooter has been identified as 32-year-old Banteng Tang Gao, a military officer, ranked lieutenant, and garment trader. The two victims, Kong Ravin,aged 30,and Srei Leak, 25, who were also in the garment trade, were both hit twice.
The police are questioning the suspect to determine the motive of the attack. Witnesses report that the suspect had been drinking with friends in a karaoke bar before the incident and appeared to be drunk.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Re: Suspect confesses to Phnom Penh double shooting

Post by markd »

nice gun
thru shit to more shit
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Do any of these army guys ever actually go to work for the military? A Beretta must be really expensive, is it real or a copy?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:33 pm Do any of these army guys ever actually go to work for the military? A Beretta must be really expensive, is it real or a copy?

I think the bullets are real, but they work just like the copies. Duno about the gun.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:33 pm Do any of these army guys ever actually go to work for the military?
I know a "policeman" who drives a minivan from 6am to about 4-5pm, 7 days a week. I don't know when he finds the time to pick up his paycheck. Lol. It's useful for getting through police roadblocks though.
Another guy I met was running a bar in the provinces - turns out that he was a policeman too.

I think they all need second jobs to make a decent living, but not sure how much time these guys actually spend "policing". :?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:33 pm Do any of these army guys ever actually go to work for the military? A Beretta must be really expensive, is it real or a copy?
It looks real, they usually have a logo on the grip but grips can be changed. A fairly high-ranking cop I know showed me his new Beretta 92FS and reckoned he had paid $3000 for it. I don't think they cost more than $800 or so in the US.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tonetone420
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by tonetone420 »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:16 pm
It looks real, they usually have a logo on the grip but grips can be changed. A fairly high-ranking cop I know showed me his new Beretta 92FS and reckoned he had paid $3000 for it. I don't think they cost more than $800 or so in the US.
$3000 for a Beretta is a total ripoff it usually goes for about $700-900 so youre right there. I imagine there's some general in Phnom Penh who makes an absolute killing selling overpriced guns to subordinates.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tonetone420 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:56 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:16 pm
$3000 for a Beretta is a total ripoff it usually goes for about $700-900 so youre right there. I imagine there's some general in Phnom Penh who makes an absolute killing selling overpriced guns to subordinates.
That's my take on it, someone's got a monopoly going. I heard about the high cost of decent handguns years ago and found it hard to believe
but I'm convinced by now. Even shitty K-59s go for a few hundred these days though. The high price does give a good gun quite a bit of status value.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The two victims were taken to Calmette hospital for treatment.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE: The man had three bullet wounds and the woman, two. A doctor at Calmette hospital reports that the two victims are recovering and out of danger.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic