Finnish Expat ANTTI ALEKSI KOKKONEN Found Dead In His Phnom Penh Apartment Room

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Finnish Expat ANTTI ALEKSI KOKKONEN Found Dead In His Phnom Penh Apartment Room

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: 26 year old Antti Aleksi Kokkonen from Finland was found dead in his apartment by the cleaners.

They noticed he hadn't come out in a few days so they checked his door, which was locked from the inside and they got no response. They decided to break the lock and check on him, and they found him dead. He was staying in Murray's Place on the 5th floor.

Police did not state the cause of death but ruled out any foul play.

May he rest in peace and condolences to his friends and family.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SmartAston Martin
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Finnish Expat ANTTI ALEKSI KOKKONEN Found Dead In His Phnom Penh Apartment Room

Post by SmartAston Martin »

Does Murray have to pay $800 to take care of the body, etc?
Melvin Udall: Never, never, interrupt me, okay?

Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint.

Even then, don't come knocking...Not for ANY reason.
murray
Tourist
Australia

Re: Finnish Expat ANTTI ALEKSI KOKKONEN Found Dead In His Phnom Penh Apartment Room

Post by murray »

R.I.P. Antti.
He'd only been in the country about 3 weeks and was due to depart back to Thailand on January 27. His neighbor told me tonight that Antti was not very well.
He did have to delay his arrival in Phnom Penh from Christmas day to around New Year because he was not well enough to fly.
Antti appeared to me to be a loner, however I never spoke more than a few words to him, I was away on a Harley Tour when he actually arrived in PP.
As far as the coppers went they acted quite professionally and were given $300 for their efforts by my Landlord.
Cheers Murray.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP, too young.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

murray wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:37 pm R.I.P. Antti.
He'd only been in the country about 3 weeks and was due to depart back to Thailand on January 27. His neighbor told me tonight that Antti was not very well.
He did have to delay his arrival in Phnom Penh from Christmas day to around New Year because he was not well enough to fly.
Antti appeared to me to be a loner, however I never spoke more than a few words to him, I was away on a Harley Tour when he actually arrived in PP.
As far as the coppers went they acted quite professionally and were given $300 for their efforts by my Landlord.
Cheers Murray.
Do you know what made him sick?
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:38 am
Cheers Murray.
If i’m really feeling sick i’d rather stay in Thailand instead of going to Cambodia, just my 2 cents...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

cptrelentless wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:38 am
Cheers Murray.
Even if murry knew I would not expect a answer from him. He has only posted twice since joining CEO in 2014.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I have spoken with a countryman of the deceased and he will inform the Embassy in Bangkok later today.
Condolences to family.
murray
Tourist
Australia

Post by murray »

I received a phone call from the Swedish embassy this morning. They obviously act for Fins.
At this stage, as far as I know there is no cause of death noted.
They did tell me Antti had a mental illness so out of respect for Antti's family I will not be commenting any further on this matter.
Anything else I say would be total speculation.
I trust people understand my position.

Regards Murray.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

okay, an OD then by the sound of it...
I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic