French-Cambodian man dies from fainting in Phnom Penh massage salon

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

French-Cambodian man dies from fainting in Phnom Penh massage salon

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh: A 71 years old, Cambodian French, named Lin Noun dies of fainting at 12 PM on 11 January 2018 at Orchiday Massage shop on Street 204 at Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh.
According to the Massage Lady, before the incident the victim came to massage at the shop. He went to steam first then he go for massage, while she was doing massage he was sleeping, she tried to weak him up but not weak up so she told the owner and brought the victim to the Khmer Soveat Hospital immediatly but unable save him. Then, reported to the authority police for examination, the victim died of fainting.
After that, the body of the deceased is at Steung Meanchey Pagoda. RIP.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MrKikilu
Expatriate
Somalia

Re: French-Cambodian man dies from fainting in Phnom Penh massage salon

Post by MrKikilu »

Not a happy ending then
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Not that I should know, but the massage parlour pictured in this thread is in Tuol Kouk, not street 204.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I didn't know fainting was a cause of death. Gee, I learn something every day by reading CEO. :geek:
You could be next.
Firefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Firefly »

Steam rooms and saunas are not advised for people with dodgy tickers such as myself, any heart problems including arrythmia stay out!
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

Firefly wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 am Steam rooms and saunas are not advised for people with dodgy tickers such as myself, any heart problems including arrythmia stay out!
Yeah... the Jacuzzi/hot tubs on cruise ships used to be... hot. Now they're 'tepid tubs' (the same temp. as the swimming pools) because some idiot with a heart condition didn't read (or ignored) the WARNING! signs (posted 'all over'), stayed in too long, had a heart attack and died. :x
You could be next.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Firefly wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:54 am Steam rooms and saunas are not advised for people with dodgy tickers such as myself, any heart problems including arrythmia stay out!
My mum fainted while trying to get out of the bath once, she then didn't have the strength to get up again... pulled the plug out with her toes and managed to reach a towel to spend a very uncomfortable night stuck there, before a (very alert) neighbour noticed her curtains hadn't moved and went to investigate, and discovered her plight and called an ambulance. She lived a few more years but eventually died of heart failure.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Cruisemonkey wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 am
Yeah... the Jacuzzi/hot tubs on cruise ships used to be... hot. Now they're 'tepid tubs' (the same temp. as the swimming pools) because some idiot with a heart condition didn't read (or ignored) the WARNING! signs (posted 'all over'), stayed in too long, had a heart attack and died. :x
I am surprised that steam rooms are bad. I have heart disease and I am much better in the heat. According to my quack that is because your blood vessels dilate and reduce your blood pressure. When you are cold the blood vessels contract, increasing your blood pressure and making your heart work harder. maybe it depends on what sort of heart problem you have?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

pczz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 am
Cruisemonkey wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 am
I am surprised that steam rooms are bad. I have heart disease and I am much better in the heat. According to my quack that is because your blood vessels dilate and reduce your blood pressure. When you are cold the blood vessels contract, increasing your blood pressure and making your heart work harder. maybe it depends on what sort of heart problem you have?
The problem is when you stand up/get up from the hot water, your bp drops very suddenly, causing you to pass out (or worse).
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

That massage must be ta die for... :plus1:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic